How They Asked You Out (Prequels)

Anakin

Your day had been horrible. The chancellor was in a foul mood and was taking it out on you. Multiple trips across the city, multiple calls with dignitaries who were so pompous you nearly went cross eyed with how many eye rolls you were doing.

Lunch was your only saving grace today. You immediately brought your little bagged lunch with you to the designated green area. Trees were planted in stylish designs and some flowers added brilliant color to an otherwise very industrial world.

You sat next to what you deemed 'your' tree and started nibbling on a sandwich, going over the ways you wanted to flush the Chancellor's head in the refresher.

You heard a scuffing noise, making your heart jump for a moment at the familiar sound. Looking up, you saw exactly who you had hoped.

Wearing his dark robes and shaggy hair, you had gotten used to seeing Anakin Skywalker in passing. Yet, it never failed to leave you wanting more. More conversation. More time.

The tall Jedi stood over you, a smirk playing on his lips. "What a place to find a lady. Sitting in the shade of a tree, almost walked on by an unsuspecting Jedi."

You chuckled and swallowed your last bite. "Luckily he's a bit more observant than that."

He chuckled as well, taking a seat beside you. How funny you must have looked to the passerby. A little human woman and a large Jedi sitting beneath the rare bit of green.

A few silent moments passed, the two of you slightly awkward but still happy in each other's presence.

"Many do not enjoy the greenery of the world."

You smiled, remembering fond memories of your lush home. "I love it. It reminds me of home. The breeze there isn't from passing ships though." You laughed.

He smiled while looking at you. "You do not speak much of personal things."

"It's hard to when I only see you for a greeting, a question and then a goodbye."

He nodded and looked down at his robes.

"I had hoped I would see you today." He said softly and turned his face to you, looking earnest and quite handsome.

"For a greeting and hopefully more." His fingers fumbling with the fabric of his robes. Was he nervous? How odd for the cocky Jedi.

You scrunched your brow.

"I thought Jedi aren't supposed to want things like that." You tried to shy away from him echoing your own feelings back at you.

"I am still human."

You nodded and let a few moments pass.

Your heart was pounding, feeling like it was in your throat. This stupid Jedi, with his stupid smirk and pretty eyes. You clenched your hands and sighed.

"I need to be going soon. The Chancellor is on a tear today and I think he wants the whole galaxy to pay."

You went to stand up and saw your companion shoot up before you, hand out to help you.

You looked up at him and felt butterflies once again. You took his hand and were easily pulled up. He pulled you closer and looked you in the eyes, like he was trying to decipher something.

Feeling his warmth so close made your thoughts fuzzy.

"Would it be alright, if I met you here for lunch? When I was in the city, that is." He nodded away, mentioning the constant missions he would go on.