Finding You in a Compromising Position: The Mandalorian

Din knew you had it in you to be spiteful.

You also knew that Din didn't want to be called spiteful but could also be a bit petty.

The strong stoic type that he was got a little put out by being one upped. Especially by a crew-mate. Friend...Person who was totally in love with him?

Whatever.

So the fact that you had tracked, captured and brought in a hefty bounty while he was tied up- seriously put a rift between you both for a bit.

So you were getting kinda ticked.

You had done your grumbling to yourself and the child, who just cooed at you and sometimes would ignore Din along with you.

After almost a week of silence, you started stomping around the ship, just to get him to break.

You'd reorganize and slam things around. Bang around in the machinery of the ship. You would loudly talk to the child. Just be a general nuisance.

You even did it during the child's nap time, which was a big no-no.

This particular day, Din had put the child down with some difficulty and scooted away as quickly as possible. You found it a great idea to restock all the med kits in the cargo bay where everything echoed. You even made it a point to stomp around with your heaviest boots on.

Din stood in the doorway, watching you kicking your feet around the cargo bay, his eyebrow raised under his helmet. "What exactly are you doing?"

You whirled around and thought for a second about letting loose how mad you were about him giving your the silent treatment, but for some reason you smiled.

"I missed you."

His arms immediately fell to his sides. You could only faintly hear him breathing. He didn't move.

"You...missed me?"

You nodded. "I think you're an idiot for being mad about me getting us credits without you, but- I guess I get it. I just missed my friend though..." You shrugged and went back towards where the child was napping and checked on him.

Din followed you with his eyes as you left. He was taken aback really. You had missed his company. He knew he cares about you. It was dangerous and stupid, but he did. He never thought in a million light years would you ever care about him like that.

Guilt roiled in his stomach for a moment. It couldn't possibly be more than just friendship could it? Could you...love him too?

He fisted his hands and looked for you around the ship again, boots quietly thudding on the metal floor.

Once he found you, he sat directly in front of you and grabbed your face in his gloved hands. "Do you understand why I was upset?"

"Because...because I one upped you?" You gave a cheeky grin.

He sighed. "Because you could have been killed. And I could have done nothing to stop it. I was angry with myself for being powerless. I shouldn't have taken it out on you. I...I am sorry."

You looked into where you thought his eyes would be and smiled. "I forgive you."

He never thought about forgiveness. It wasn't important. It wasn't the way.

But now, with you, he was rethinking his way.