How They Asked You Out (The Mandalorian)

Din

Din and you had a tentative relationship after your sudden introductions.

He went about his business and you followed along trying to help.

He wouldn't admit it, but you did actually help.

When he got in a tight spot, you saved his space bacon.

When the kid got into trouble, you both made a great team to save his cute little green butt.

You both sat on his ship one day, the child in his pod, snoozing.

You were eating a portion, having been famished from all the hustle and bustle the past few weeks.

Having creds was so damn nice now.

You saw his helmet facing you, still not knowing if he was actually looking at him, you asked, "Are you always looking at me or just facing my general direction to make sure I'm not messing something up?"

You heard a distorted snort.

"Probably the latter."

"Probably?"

He shifted away from you, looking out the large windscreen.

"You're fairly capable."

Now you scoffed. "I'm more than fairly capable, Metal Man."

You chucked the empty packet away and stood behind his chair, leaning down to look out the windscreen as well. If you didn't know better, you'd say he stilled the closer you got.

"Do you know anything about Mandalorians or Mandalore?"

You sat back down in your seat while he turned back towards you.

You shook your head. "Can't say I ever got bedtime stories, so no. You and your kind are kinda like myths to me."

He nodded and sat back in the chair, turning slightly.

"Maybe, some day, I'll tell you. If you behave."

You snorted loudly and slapped your hand to your knee. "You're such a nerf herder, Mando."

You didn't know it but he was smiling under that helmet. The first one in a long time that stayed well beyond your conversation.