Qui-Gon Jinn- Have you lost your page? Part One

(This imagine was inspired by a title of dexthtoyounglings' imagines. Go check them out!)

You felt overworked. In all all honesty you felt like a mess. In your line of work there was always something to be done, reviewed, permission sought, person found, whatever the case may be that day.

Damn, you were tired. It was beginning to feel like every day was a battle to keep going. You needed time off. Getting that was also a battle but you managed a whole month with the promise of a substitute you in the meanwhile. You gleefully picked your mini-me and ran out the door.

You didn't even hear it hiss shut.

A whole month to yourself. It had been years since something like this had occurred. You had a few big plans but mostly, and most importantly, you had plans to read.

Many considered reading old texts silly. If it wasn't digitized it wasn't worth reading. You thought they were marvelous. To see things written in someone else's hand or typed on one of the old machines, it was beautiful. You took great pleasure in smelling the old paper in your hands each time. Something like this was so delicate and rare, it made your spine tingle.

After about a weeks worth of just sleeping and adjusting to a new schedule, you finally made your way down to the old records hall. Inside was where all the physical objects now available on the tiny screens you worked on, were kept. It was a thing of mystery and beauty. And dust.

Lots of dust.

After gaining entrance, you wound your way through halls and halls of papers, books, maps, everything you could imagine so carefully preserved in its own special box. You gathered a few tomes on history, some on political theory and something that you'd never admit to anyone, a few romances. The clerk at the desk always smiled when they saw what you had collected.

You sat in a blissful existence for days, only breaking when necessary. Sleep may have been inconsequential for those few days. You had things to read.

Very few other patrons ever came to the stacks. It was normally just more clerks putting back references and checking on the biome levels of more important works.

So imagine your surprise when a shadow fell over the current book you were reading. You had been completely enveloped in a blooming love story between two pilots of warring factions that you hadn't noticed a single thing around you.

Certainly not a tall, obviously self satisfied jedi who was now looking down in you with a look of smug curiosity.

Your cheeks reddened immediately.

This was not lost on the towering Jedi.

You groaned loudly and fell back in your chair, leaving the book carefully on the table before doing so.

"Why are you here?"

A smirk appeared.

"Imagine my surprise when I go to visit a data pad obsessed court liaison and find a subpar imitation in their place. Only to be surprised further when it seems said liaison had disappeared for weeks only to reappear in the stacks."

You sighed. This man was insufferable. Handsome as hell, but most of the time you wanted to throttle him.

"Why do you ruin my peace, Jedi?"

He sat on a corner of the table facing you, eyes never leaving yours, the smirk softened a little.

"It seems no one is as adept at political affairs and relationships as you. The council and Senate are limping while you've been gone. Your favorite Senator has decided since you've gone underground, that I should be the one to find you."

You scowled. "He would."

"But..."

You opened your eyes and checked the man over. Weary would be an understatement.

"But what, Qui-Gon?"

A broad smile appeared on his bearded face. Apparently saying his name pleased him.

"But, I believe we all need some time to ourselves. So I shall happen to not find you for a price."

Your hope raised and fell in a matter of seconds.

"What is it you want?" You sneered.

A dirty grin appeared. "Your time. Every day you'd like to have my senses pulled elsewhere, you will spend some time with me."

You stared at him open mouthed. "But you just said...time to ourselves!"

He leaned down, within a breath of your face and spoke quietly. "It seems there is no other way to gain your attention other than to trap you, dear one."

He waited a beat. Then two more before you squawked and nearly feel from your chair. You face was red for a whole other reason now.

"You are black mailing me, Jedi!"

He merely ran a large finger over the side of your face, fixing a dislodged hair that fell in your chaos. You felt the heat from that tiny touch for awhile after.

"Yes, I am."

You blew out a shrieky breath and watched him walk away. Even from your scowling face you could appreciate his fine form and lithe movements.

Your eyes widened. He was the enemy! No appreciating the enemy's form!

You growled and thumped your head on the table.

A 'shhhh!' reached you from somewhere else in the stacks.

"Damnit."