How They Asked You Out (Originals)

Luke

The world felt like it was in shambles.

Your home was gone, your friends and family were scattered throughout the galaxy.

You had once again followed Leia, along with Luke, Chewie and Han, to Hoth. What an unforgiving and terribly cold planet!

You sat at a warming table in the middle of the cafeteria.

You watched everyone rushing about, all having jobs to do.

Except you.

Well you helped where you could, but it never felt like enough. You were a talker. Here, it was about functionality and necessity.

You had a morning shift in the kitchens, preparing meals for the coming days. The monotonous movements felt good, though something still felt off.

You carried that with you all day.

You pulled the warm mug closer and sipped gently on your tea.

You noticed Luke talking to the deck commander and looking towards you every so often.

You smiled into your cup.

The boy was cute. He had beautiful eyes and such a sweet demeanor.

You shook your head. No silly thoughts of romance. This wasn't the time.

You closed your eyes and tried to find some sort of balance in yourself.

Something nudged your foot and you opened your eyes to see the handsome blonde boy from before.

"Luke." You said with a smile.

"Good afternoon, Lady y/n." He gave you a crooked grin and settled down into his lunch. You just watched him, he would peek at you once and awhile, causing you to smile again.

"How has your day been, Luke?"

He shrugged. "Not too bad, just some perimeter checks and routine maintenance."

You nodded. Looking into your cup, you noticed your tea was gone.

"Everything okay, y/n?"

You looked back up at him wide eyed. "Yes, yes of course. Just finished my tea a little more quickly than I would have liked." You gave him a smile.

He looked at you for a few more seconds, not really believing you.

"You can always talk to me, you know. If you want. I know I'm not as well spoken as the Princess or anything but..." He shrugged again.

Something inside you pulled you to him. You wanted him around. You still felt his leg pressed against yours under the table.

You looked at him for a few moments like he had you. You smiled warmly at him, it faltered a bit just before you spoke. "I just feel useless here. No need for a politician on an ice planet."

He fiddled with his utensils and chewed half heartedly. "Well I know you made this lunch, since I sorta saw you making it this morning. That's important." He gave you a little grin.

You looked down at your hands, feeling a prickling behind your eyes. You blinked repeatedly and soon felt something warm replace your mug.

Luke had put his hand over yours, offering a comforting squeeze. "It's a confusing time...right now. We're all finding our places in a strange world. We just have to stick together."

Your insides started feeling a bit fluttery, causing yet another smile to come across your lips.

"I was wondering if...if you don't mind would you...uh... would you like to get dinner? Together?"

You looked back up at him, a little surprised.

"I would love to, Luke."

Han

You had shared a ship with Han and the boys for a few weeks now.

It was... interesting. Han flirted, Chewie growled, R2 beeped and Luke was shy.

You finally started to feel more at home, even if Han threatened to throw you out any time you refueled or gave him crap.

One evening while the others were playing dejarik, You and Han sat in the cockpit watching stars and planets pass.

"So, what was your old ship like?"

You glared at him. "It was beautiful. Smaller than this but had everything I needed. My parents left it to me. I just wanted to travel the galaxy in it..."

He winced a little then grit his teeth. "Sorry...about that."

You both were quiet for some time longer.

"You hungry?"

You looked at him with an eyebrow raised.

"Well, it's meal time. And we could...eat together?"

For once he didn't have a mischievous or snarky look to his face.

"I could eat."

A big grin took over his face.

"She could eat..."