Poe Dameron- A Race -Part One

(There be swears here. The story itself might amp up in a few installments-meaning maybe some sexy moments? I dunno 🥴)

To say you were getting agitated was a complete understatement.

Your leg jumped up and down under the table and you were getting a headache from grinding your teeth.

If this little shit didn't show up in the next fifteen parsecs you were going to obliterate this bar. If it wasn't bad enough that he had taken a joy ride in a client's ship, oh no...He had to take his little girlfriend with him! Doing galaxy knows what in that freshly repaired, extremely expensive ship!

You'd just finished the interior leather yesterday morning too. Buttery soft and pliable. What. A. Dick.

Ugh!

If your creep of an assistant hadn't been so skilled with older ship mechanics you would have knocked his lights out long ago. He knew the ship was leaving soon. He knew and pulled this shit anyway.

He was only supposed to do a final check on the more delicate aspects of the X-Wing. Not go on a romantic jaunt across the galaxy.

You could feel your blood boiling.

You had owned this specialty ship repair business for four years now. You poured everything into your reputation and your word. People knew if you said something, it was written in stone. This applied to prices, work and confidentiality. This also applied to those who worked for you.

You had vouched for this loser because a good friend of yours had. Sereaf's opinion couldn't be bought. But could it have been skewed? You chewed your inner cheek. You really didn't want to question the only friend you had.

You immediately blamed your ex-assistant again.

The man was plainly attractive. Boyish good looks and aw shucks manners. But something darker swam under the surface. His smile never really reached his eyes. You should have followed your gut. The extra time off hadn't been worth this shit.

You got up and paced around outside, watching the two suns set. You counted down the time he had left before you went hunting for them and that ship.

A maniac little laugh escaped causing a few others circulating around to give you a wider birth.

That ship.

Your mind danced over all its details.

It had come in completely battered. The dark yellow paint seared off and missing more than half its body.

You let out a heavy sigh, wistfully.

You had loved working on that ship, but it's captain?

Woooof.

He gave you high blood pressure for about eighteen billion other reasons.

Top three? 1. He was cocky, a real pill. 2. He was too pretty. Like who the hell looks like that after crash landing? Ridiculous. 3. His stupid smile. The one that basically radiated heat from your head to your toes and made your teeth shake loose.

He was too much, that Poe Dameron.

And he was coming. Today. In less than an hour, to pick up said missing ship. You were fucked.

You trod back to the landing bays and scanned over everything inside. Everyone.

No beautiful X-wings. Mostly trader ships and a few personal travel vessels.

Nothing that looked to rebellion-y yet. Hopefully Poe was late.

You knew it was dangerous to toe the line between the warring factions but whoever paid was in your good graces. Allegiances be damned.

You swallowed hard and looked towards the atmosphere.

Only larger ships leaving slowly or taking ages to land. You got work to fix those up from time to time but you'd never be caught dead in one again. They were held together with tape and a prayer.

Someone cleared their throat just behind you. Bringing you back to solid ground.

You spun around and saw the jet black hair and chiseled chin, immediately feeling your stomach drop.

"Poe."