Time means nothing

You're (p.o.v.)
I have known Leo since middle school. We had a friendship a bond that no one can break. We barley fought always got along. It was great. But things started changing. He started to look at girls more. He started to push me to the side. It got harder to hang out with him. But then he got super close to this girl. It started to hurt me feelings because he would ignore me on the weekends and barley text me. I missed him I really did. I miss the old Leo who would hang out at the park with me and we would lay on the grass starting at the stars. Sometimes we even would hold hands. Not romantically but like in a way I felt comfort. I felt safe with him like if anything were to happen he would protect me. Honestly I miss feeling that sense of security. Something I never had growing up as a kid. But Leo and I basically grew up together. He started making fun of me. Just making me feel unimportant and useless. He would purposefully make fun of me in front of people to look "cool". I try to laugh it off as if it doesn't bother me. But it does it hurts me tremendously. I try just to smile and make it seem that I'm fine. So I started to distance myself not answering his messages. Or if I do answer take days to reply so he would sort of get the hint I was done. Then eventually he forgot about me. Even tho we have know each other since we were kids he manage to forget about me. He pretended everything was okay. How could he I thought to myself? It's almost as if he's okay with it. As if he's okay with everything. My heart aches and he was my only real friend. I miss him a lot.