Honesty

Your (p.o..v)
They say honesty is the best policy. They say being honest is the first step for change. They say in the eyes of God being honesty is best. Then why do I have to lie? Why do I have to think quickly on the spot to spare someone's feeling from the hard cold truth? Why do I have to put on a fake smile and pretend my life is alright. When in reality I am hurting inside. No one cares. Only because you don't say out loud you want to end your life or that your depressed. Only because depression comes from the devil when really it started with your family. The things they put you through. The pain you felt. You crying in your bed all by yourself trying to distract how shitty you feel. When really your thoughts get to you and you start thinking about everything. Waiting for your night in shining armor to save you. When you have to be your own night and shining armor. You have to be your own "prince" and you have to be your own savior. I'm sick of being my own prince. I'm sick of having to act and pretend everything is alright. I'm sick of thinking my family loves me when they only love me when I'm doing good. They only love me because I don't do bad. They love me because I don't come to them with my problems. When in reality they are the problem. So is honesty really the best policy? When you have to lie to spare ones feelings. Or is lying the best so you can't hurt the ones you love. Just a little white lie alright? Only so they don't cry. But you're the one crying from lying.