Ten

Richard's POV

I paged Arizona Robbins into my office and within a few minutes she arrives. I beckon her in and ask her to sit down.

"Robbins, I know Meredith was on your service last week before she.. she left. Did you notice anything strange about her?"

"No, Dr Webber, sir."

"Listen, that girl is like my daughter. If anything was to happen to her, I don't think I can handle it. She did a surgery with you and Altman and then she's disappeared. We have her on camera, leaving the hospital in an obvious distressed state. That was 5 days ago so, WHAT HAPPENED IN THAT SURGERY?" I shouted the question at her.

Arizona burst into tears. She doesn't like authoritative figures, especially when they shout. So I try a different method.

"I was concerned about her before she went missing because of some things Derek had said but now, I'm barely sleeping. I'm just worried."

Arizona just shook her head, still crying. Damn, I really shouldn't of shouted if I wanted an answer.

"I wish I knew where she was, sir. I wish I had the answers." She said finally.

I got up from my desk and hugged the woman's shoulders. "I know. I'm sorry for shouting."

I can feel Arizona nod against my touch. I didn't know they was close, but I imagine she feels guilty knowing she was the one of the last people in this hospital to see Meredith.

Derek's POV

I'm lost. Since breaking up with Meredith, I've moved back into the trailer I have on my land. I've lost the girl of my dreams and the girl of my dreams has literally gotten lost within the space of a week of each other. It's broken me. I haven't been able to focus on much, I've pulled out of doing any surgeries since Meredith went missing 5 days ago.

Was this my fault? She was so angry when she saw me last, I really shouldn't of said anything about how she's been acting or about that damn panic attack. Did I drive her away? I hate myself.

"Derek you look truly awful."

Ah, Addison. My ex-wife. Since our divorce, we've became kind of friends.

"Yeah, I know. But it's not like I have anything to look after myself for now do I?"

"That's just ridiculous. Meredith Grey will come back. She is a survivor. Look at everything she has fought and overcame. Hell, when I came into town to win you back she fought me and still got to keep her man."

That made me smile. It's true. Meredith has survived a lot. She has always fought. She never gives up which is why her disappearing like this is so unlike her.

Richard tells me he thinks she ran away because on the CCTV footage she looks so distressed but, that's not the girl I know. I don't want to entertain the idea of her being possibly held hostage or in a vulnerable position.

I just want to know what's happened to the women I love. I feel so guilty for even mentioning anything was wrong with Meredith to Richard as that's the reason she broke up with me and if we didn't break up then maybe she would still be here.

Teddy's POV

"Teddy, we need to tell someone about Meredith and what she told us." Arizona suddenly came up behind me and whispered in my ear.

"We can't. It wouldn't do any good."

"Why?"

"All they would do is try to ring her which is what we've been doing all day, every day for the last 5 fricking days."

"I know."

"Plus if she comes back and finds out that everyone knows her business, she might run away again. If she has ran away, that is.."

"When."

"What?"

"You said 'if she comes back', we can't think like that, she has to come back. She will come back. If she's ran away, she'll come home. If something worst has happened, we'll still get her back. We will. We have too."

I like Arizona's optimism, I'm clinging onto it, praying it's true. I nod at her final comment.

"If she's not back by day 10, we tell Richard." I tell her. This soothes Arizona as she nods and smiles.

We depart for the day and I head home. As I finally get back to my flat, I decide against having anything to eat and I head straight to bed. Before I go to sleep, I call Meredith again. Once again, it goes straight to voicemail which tells me Meredith's phone is switched off. I wish I knew where she was and how she was. I wish I could help her. I really feel like I've failed her.

A small time jump of 5 days, I hope that's okay. I promise it will be explained in future chapters