Twenty

Teddy's POV

I retold everything Derek told me, to Meredith which caused her to sob hysterically. All I could do was hold her.

She's only been back for less than 2 days since she ran away and she's had such a tough homecoming. I've already decided I'm not going home and I'm just staying here to be with Meredith.

"Meredith, we need an x-ray for your rib. Did the guy you stayed with do that to you?"

"He just kept punching me and kicking me. If I wasn't so big, I would of been fine. Please I don't want an x-ray. Please Teddy. Please, don't let them x-ray me."

"Why are you afraid of?"

She doesn't answer. I just keep cuddling her. Her head is resting on my shoulder. I can feel how tense she is. She is in such a height of anxiety.

Bailey walks in and she softly shakes her head. If I had to guess, her blood test has came back and it's not good news.

"Grey. Your blood test results are back. It's not good."

"Let me see." Her head shot up, demanding her chart.

"I'm the doctor here, Grey."

"Give me my chart."

"You need to stay longer than what we originally said, you're bloods have indicated you're low on electrolytes, potassium, folate. The list was quite negative. Meredith, you're unwell. Let us treat you. Let us help you."

"Get out. Give me my chart and get out."

Bailey left, still with Meredith's chart in her hand. "I need to prep you're next bag of fluids anyway."

I get up to leave, I figured that Meredith needed some peace by herself but she grabs my hand. I turn to smile at her and return to the edge of her bed. She settles her head back onto my shoulder and I go back to cuddling her. 

I get my phone out to text Arizona, "Meredith needs an x-ray. Derek seems to think she has a broken rib and Meredith said the guy who she stayed with when she was away kept punching and kicking her."

Arizona sends me a sad face emoji. She must be busy as she usually only sends these when she wants to acknowledge that she's read the text but can't reply. 

After a little while, I hear slight snoring coming from my shoulder, so I lie Meredith down on the bed and walk out of the room.

"Bailey, how bad is it?"

"Not good. Arizona told me about the rib so we need to do the x-ray. But I doubt she'll let us. It's a miracle she's allowing us to treat her at the moment. Honestly, it's in my mind to get a psych evaluation down here."

"Treat her against her will? That's not okay. She has capacity. She knows the risk by denying treatment. Maybe get Dr Wyatt to see her, and she what she thinks. But I definitely dont think strapping her down and forcing treatment will be a good idea. It could ruin so much."

Meredith's POV

I woke up a few hours later. I remember Bailey telling about the blood test results, so it means I'm likely going to be here for a few days. She wouldn't let me see my chart which annoyed me. It's my chart, my details, I want to see what's being said.

I check the clock.. 10.37pm

That's a decent time. Most people would of gone home now as the night shift started an hour ago.

I temporarily disconnect my IV and the other wires and walk out to the nurses desks. I look at all the charts.

A..B..C..D..E..F..G.. Ah got it.

Grey, Meredith. I pick it up and walk back to my room. No body even noticed and just to save myself from an argument tomorrow, I even reconnected my IV. Although I have plan for that in a little bit.

"Meredith Grey, female, yada yada yada... dehydration... blood test results low electrolytes, low potassium, low folate. Possible broken rib. Possible anorexia nervosa. Called Dr Wyatt (psych) for consult"

Oh damnit.

My heart is racing and if that wasn't obvious, the stupid monitor in the room keeps beeping to tell the whole ward too.

"You okay Dr. Grey?" A nurse asks me.

I roll my eyes. "I.. can't.. breathe.."

The nurse grabs an o2 mask and puts it around my face, covering my mouth and nose and waits for me to calm down.

I feel like a circus animal, so as soon as I'm able to I rip it off and yell at them all to get out.

I get my phone out and called Teddy, "Teddy, you lied! My notes say anorexia! What did you do? I can't believe you!"