Fifty One

Derek's POV

I get off the phone with Dr Wyatt and I can't take it.

She tells me that Meredith is worst than last time, more argumentative and is refusing everything they offer. She asks me if I give permission for an NG tube. I can't do that to her, if I ever want to have a chance with her when she leaves I can't keep putting her through hell. Another part of me keeps saying that it's her only chance, but it can't be. Is it? There must be another way to get through to her. 

I decide to page all of Meredith's friends to a conference room. I need help making this decision. 

I knew I could rely on them and they continuously show their support by filling up the room one by one. 

Teddy

Arizona

Cristina

Richard

Bailey

"What's up Shep?" Richard starts as we're all sat around a table.

"It's Meredith. Dr Wyatt wanted my permission for an NG tube to be passed. She's being really difficult apparently."

"Well so would I if someone I loved had admitted me against my will." I look up to see who said the truth. It's Bailey, I can always trust her to tell the truth even when the truth hurts. I nod in agreement. 

"If she's being difficult now, how do you think she'll manage with an NG tube? She'll just rip it out as soon as she can. It'll be next to impossible to get any nutrition into her. Let alone any damage she may cause to herself internally by doing that.." 

The rest of us murmurs in agreement to what Arizona says. 

"So what can we do?"

"I.. don't know. I don't know anything anymore." I admit. 

"Can I visit her? She managed well when I was with her the other week. She helped to prepare her meals and everything." Meredith's twisted sister asks the room.

"I don't see why not, unless she put you on the decline list as well. It's what she's done to me. There's a note on her file not to let me visit her. She hates me." 

Cristina nods, "Right, I'm going up there now then." She gets up and leaves. I really hope that Meredith agrees to see her. I feel lost without her.

"Did Dr Wyatt say anything else?" Teddy speaks up, I almost forgot she was in the room as she's been so quiet. 

"Not much, she's really argumentative and refusing everything. She threw an ensure at Dr Wyatt's head. Apparently she needed some sort of sedation her first night because of how distressed she was. It's all my fault."

"Yeah it is, but it's what's best for her right now. If she stayed at home she would of just gotten worst. Hopefully, this admission will be her rock bottom." Bailey says. 

I look around the room and Richard has tears in his eyes and the other two women are hugging each other. If only Meredith could see how much she's loved.

Cristina's POV

I'm glad Derek said I could visit Meredith. It's the only good thing he's done recently. When I heard that he admitted her against her will, I was so angry at him. I shouted at him in the middle of the hallway. 

I know I should of waited until the end of my shift to visit Meredith but she's my family and she needs me now, work can wait.

I get upstairs and ask the receptionist what room Meredith is in. The receptionist begins tapping on her computer. I presume it's to see if I'm on any refusal list. Thankfully, it doesn't seem like I am when she stands up and asks me to follow her.