Sixteen

Meredith's POV

HA! Hospital enforced counselling, I can do that. It's a walk in the park. Just keep smiling, and agreeing and be very regretful of my actions. This isn't my first rodeo.. 

"Meredith.. I mean Dr. Grey."

I didn't realise Teddy had followed me. I turned and smiled at her.

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah, of course. I'd appreciate it if we didn't talk about anything that I told you before I left." Damn, this rodeo might be a little bit difficult to navigate while Teddy and Arizona is still convinced I'm so fragile. 

"Of course."

"Well, I better get going to my first session, especially if I want to start cutting again." I said with a laugh but as soon as I said it, I realise it might not of been the best choice of words as Teddy's eyes narrows. "Cutting in surgery, I mean Teddy.. duh."

Teddy laughs, very unconvincingly.

I walk up the several flights of stairs that needed before I reach Dr Wyatt's office. I know I should of taken the elevator but this way is better for my health.

I debate knocking. I could slack off this session. She can't tell anyone I didn't turn up because of doctor, patient confidentiality.. ugh but then I wouldn't get cleared for surgery. I could forged her signature on the clearance sheet, but then that is an illegal crime and I'll definitely won't be cleared for surgery. I'm going to have to do the stupid session.

So I knock.

She opens the door in record time. She must of been waiting for me. Damn..

"Meredith? Welcome."

"It's Dr. Grey."

"Okay, you're chief of surgery has told me you've recently shown some behaviour that has been extremely out of character for you and that is why you have been referred to me."

"I left mid-shift and then took an impromptu holiday without telling anyone. It's understandable that people freaked out a little bit."

"You turned your phone off?"

"It died and I didn't have a cable with me until the last day. It was kind of annoying actually."

"Where did you go?"

"No where special. I'm not even sure of the towns name. It was a couple of hours away. Two maybe."

"But you don't know the name?"

"Nope."

"What did you do?"

"I'm sorry?"

"On you're holiday? What did you do?"

"Not much. Stayed mostly in my hotel. I needed to relax."

"Why did you leave mid-shift, I forgot to ask? Did something happen? Why not wait until the end of the shift?"

"I, um, just needed to leave then."

"Why? Did something happen for you to leave?"

"Nothing happened. I just needed to leave."

"Oh right."

"Was that everything?"

"Unfortunately not, Mered-"

"Dr. Grey."

"Yes, sorry. Dr. Grey."

"I'd like you to come in again next week."

"Why? I told you where I was for the last 10 days."

"You did, but it all sounds extremely rehearsed."

"It's rehearsed because I've already told a bunch of other people and now I'm being made to tell you as well. It's not my fault that no one wants to believe that I took a holiday. Surgeons are allowed to take holidays. It's allowed."

"Tuesday at 3, work okay for you?"

"Are you going to ignore what I just said?"

"Are you going to tell me the truth about what happened, next week?"

"Screw you."

I got up, walked out and slammed the door behind me. Either I'm losing my touch or she's really good. No way am I going back. I walk into the chief and smile.

"Guess what? I got cleared! Can I get scrubbed into a surgery now?"

"Um, sure. I think Dr Bailey has got a hernia repair in OR 2 in 45 minutes time. If you catch her, tell her I said it's fine as seen as you've been cleared."

"Brilliant, thanks."

I run fast to try and find Bailey and to run away from Richard. He is not going to be happy when he finds out that I lied but Dr Wyatt, clearly had a vendetta against me so I had to take control of my situation. I say I'm fine so I'm fit to do surgery.

"Bailey! Hi. Hey. Hello. Guess what? I got cleared. The chief said I can scrub in with your hernia repair. Is that okay with you?"

"If the chief said it is, then I have no say in it do I?"

We quickly got scrubbed, gowned and step into the sterile room.

Bailey's POV

We was about 30 minutes into the repair when I heard the door opening, I saw Meredith look up and whisper something that sounded a lot like, "Shit." to herself.

"What's that, Grey?"

"Bailey, how's it going in here?"

"Oh, Webber? Yeah it's good. Grey is being a great assist like she always is."

"That's a shame then because she is going to have to step away from the table and come with me. She told us both false information. She has not been cleared from surgery and after today, she won't be for a while." 

"Grey. Leave. Now." I instructed. 

"But I'm fine. Honest. Dr Wyatt hates me." She pleaded.

"Now." I yelled.

That poor girl, I feel for her, she just wants things to go back to normal but she keeps pushing the boundaries. She needs help. I hope she accepts it soon.

Oops, Meredith's in trouble...