Twenty Three

Derek's POV

"You can't go in there. Dr Wyatt is in there with Meredith."

I turn to see Bailey.

"Please, I just want to see her. She keeps pushing me away. It's because of me that she's in that bed, I found her."

"She doesn't want to see you. She's scared of the position she's in at the moment, nothing is in her control. I guess we have to let her feel like she still have control of things, if that means who visits her we have to honor that at the moment."

"I know but Bailey, please tell her, I love her. I don't want to hurt her. I love her."

"I'll tell her. That's all I can do but I won't force her to let you visit."

"Thank you." I hug her. To be fair, it was probably more of a squeeze than anything else.

Teddy's POV

I can't stop listening to the voicemail she left me last night, the one where she's blaming me for something on her chart.

I run up to the chief's office and page everyone to meet me there and soon enough I'm greeted with Richard, Derek, Bailey, Cristina and Arizona.

"Meredith thinks I've done something, shes blaming me for something that's on her chart. Has any of you said anything?"

I get a chorus of "No."

"How do you know, she didn't let you stay in the room long enough this morning?" Cristina said, with a slight scoff.

I took my phone out and played the voice mail "Teddy, you lied! My notes say anorexia! What did you do? I can't believe you!"

"Why does her chart say anorexia? I mean, it's not wrong but why?" Arizona questions.

"That's what I want to know! Because she's convinced, I told."

"You did!" Cristina laughed.

"Not the point, Yang! Her chart never said anorexia outright, it was a possibility because her blood results indicated it. Coupled with dehydration. We all saw her body when we changed her into a gown so that gave us an indication of a possible weight."

"So, none of us told?"

Another chorus of no.

"Maybe you should tell her that you told us. I'm sick of lies. From her and now from you. Its ridiculous!" Cristina bit my head off.

I wouldn't tell her but maybe she has a point. Maybe it's better for everyone that I tell Meredith the truth.

"Yang, you barely even spoke to Grey this morning during rounds. Barely even looked at her. You're quick to attack all of us but are you even concerned about her?" Richard directed at her.

"She has enough people around her, she doesn't need me treating her like a China doll as well." Cristina fought back.

Bailey piped up "Okay, everybody! We all have Meredith's best interests at heart, we might do it differently but we all do care. Teddy, none of us has told her that you told us. You and Arizona have been incredible. We can only thank you for what you've done. Cristina, I know you don't like emotions but your friend has them and is struggling. Use yours and help her."

Slowly everybody disappears from the room and it's just me and Arizona.

"I've messed up, Ari."

"Wha.. Teddy?"

"I shouldn't of said anything. She hates me now. I'm falling apart. I can't stop thinking about her. I miss her. It hurts. She wouldn't even notice me usually because, I'm just me. I'm barely important, I'm certainly not attractive."

"Teddy, you're rambling. Do you want Meredith to think your attractive? Which you are by the way. Extremely attractive."

I shrug my shoulders because truthfully I don't know. I finally say "I don't know."

"Teddy, we can talk to Meredith and explain about the notes and the blood tests. We can explain everything. It's going to be okay. Let's go."

I'm so glad to have Arizona as my friend. I never feel judged, I can say anything.

We walk to Meredith's room as we see the interns wheeling Meredith back to her room. She must of just had her x-ray. We see Bailey so we ask for an update.

"Yep, it's broken. To be fair it's nearly healed. We can't do anything for it apart from painkillers. We suspect the rib above it was broken as well but that's healed."

"Okay, thanks Bailey. We're about to go in so, we'll tell her." Arizona replies.

We knock on the door and Meredith is sat on the edge of the bed, clearly trying not to cry.

"Meredith, hi sweetie. Can we have a chat?"

"Arizona! Hiya! Of course."

"Can Teddy come in too?"

"Oh, um, sure I guess, your with her."

We sit on the edge of the opposite bed. I'm so nervous, my stomach is full of butterflies..

I wanted to do a chapter based on other people's point of views as the last couple of chapters has been mostly Meredith's POV, hope that was okay & that you like it!