Twenty Four

Arizona's POV

I'm fairly certain Teddy has some feelings for Meredith but I'm not going to push her to realise them, especially as she seems like she's in a fragile state since Meredith went missing. 

All three of us has been sat in silence for a few minutes since me and Teddy walked in, "So, Meredith. I heard you saw Dr Wyatt this morning?" I figured one of us had to say something. I've never been good in silent rooms.

The petite girl nodded. 

"Did that go okay, I mean, are you okay?"

"Yeah, I mean, as well as it could of gone."

"I'm glad." Teddy chirped up.

"No you're not. You told everyone I had anorexia." 

Uh no.

"Meredith, I didn't. I didn't know it was on you're notes. I mean.."

Teddy looks at me, she has tears in her eyes. 

I decide to take over, "We should tell you something."

Meredith looks at us. Anger is in her eyes. 

"When you was missing, we didn't know what to do. We didn't tell anyone until, what was it?, day 9, day 10 (Teddy nods) and then we called Derek, Bailey, Cristina into the chiefs office and told them about the conversation we had before you left. We swore them all to secrecy and then you called us an hour later and we picked you up. We waited for 10 days before we told anyone and as soon as we did, we have been racked with guilt. It wasn't us who put it in your notes though. Teddy seems to believe that Derek mentioned the broken rib initially. He told her and then she raised it to Bailey."

Both Meredith and Teddy was crying. Teddy had her knees to her chest and her arms around them, almost to protect her from how she was feeling. 

"I'm so sorry, Meredith. I'm so, so sorry."

"Dr Wyatt said maybe it was my blood test. Do you think that could be true?"

I nodded. I haven't seen her chart so I didn't want to say too much. "It's possible, if you was deficient in certain things, I suppose it would point in that direct. Coupled with your low  weight.."

Damn. I should not of said that. Teddy nudged me.

"My weight is fine!" Meredith stood up but as soon as she did she started to sway on the spot. 

Me and Teddy rush over to her and helped her to sit back on her bed. It definitely didn't take the both of us but neither of us could just step back and watch. That was strange, she's just had 24 hours of fluids she shouldn't feel dizzy. I know Bailey is due to come in soon with more IV fluids, I'll mention it when there's a moment of privacy. 

"I don't want to be mad at you both, but you told. After you swore you wouldn't." Meredith said after regaining some balance on the bed.

"I'm so sorry Mer, we waited for the longest amount of time we thought was possible. If it helps, most people are mad at us." Teddy says. I think the backlash from the others are having an impact on her as well.

"So, everyone knows I'm crazy?"

"You're not crazy, but yes. They know you self harm and you control you're intake severely." I say.

"But, they've all been pretending?"

"We asked them too, kind of. We said to respect you're privacy. I really think that if it's came up now, it's because of you're blood test." 

Meredith nods and rests her head of Teddy's shoulder. They both exhale at the same time, it's like a weight has been lifted off them.

"My x-ray.."

"You have a broken rib. You just have to wait for it to heal I'm afraid, but we have painkillers if the pain is bad. The rib above it was also broken but that looks like it's healed already."

"Sweetie, you must of been in a lot of pain the last couple of days with that rib. How have you managed?"

"I ignore it, I deserve pain."

My heart aches for this girl. I wonder how it is for Teddy hearing her say things like that.

"We're going to let you go. Have some rest. See you soon sweetie."

We both leave the room. 

Bailey's POV

I see Arizona and Teddy leave Meredith's room. Their faces are loaded with emotion. 

"Oh Bailey!"

I look at them, waiting for them to continue. 

"Meredith knows you know everything. So when you go in there, you might get a bit of an anger  thrown at you."

"Brilliant, okay thank you for telling me."

"Also, she stood up and got really wobbly. We had to steady her to get her back on her bed."

"That shouldn't of happened. She's already had a bag fluids."

"Exactly."

"We can run a few more tests but she might refuse."

"Good luck."

We part ways, Arizona and Teddy walking down the hallway.

I knock on Meredith's door, preparing for a strop but I receive the exact opposite. 

She's led in bed, staring at the ceiling. 

"Afternoon, Meredith. I've got a new bag of fluids for you."

She nods her head slightly and holds her arm out so I start to hook her canula up to the new bag of fluids.

"We might need to do some more test, is that okay?"

"I don't care anymore."

"What was that?" 

"Sure, do the tests."

"Okay, I'll be back later to arrange them"

I almost out of the door when I hear Meredith's voice again.

"Thank you for pretending."

I simply nod. I knew what she meant. It can't be easy to be in her position. 

Thank you for all you're support!

(will delete this bit)

I have a plan as to where I want to take the story but currently Meredith needs treatment which means hospital for 2/3 days.. so which would you prefer? 

Keep going it but do it so it's a chapter per day
OR
Time jump