~ 2.9 ~

Jimin gave you a sideway glance as he tightened his grip on the steering wheel. His hand was itching to grab yours and hold it while driving just like the old times. Even though he knew where you lived, he pretended to look at the navigator which was leading to the address you entered. 

"So how long have you been living here?" he asks breaking the silence.

"It's been almost a year now." You reply turning to look at him. A sudden image of Jimin in a suit driving while holding your thigh flashed. Your cheeks turned pink and you quickly shook your head to come to your senses. What the fuck Y/n! What are you thinking? Where the fuck did that even come from. You thought while rapidly blinking your eyes.

A sudden feeling of familiarity consumed you. Your heart picked up it's pace as you stared at Jimin. He truly is a beautiful handsome man that could easily flutter anyone's heart. He really does feel very familiar to you. Deep down you feel like you know him but in reality you knew it was absurd because he just moved to Singapore.  

"That's quite some time. I heard you came from Seoul.. Any idea of going back?" He continued to make conversation.

"Yeah. Well we are pretty much settled here. But I would like to go back and see how it's like since I don't know how it looks like anymore." You say feeling sad because you remember Seoul from what it was like almost eight years ago. 

"Oh ok. I'm from Busan. Have you ever been there?" He asks to check if you have any memory of Busan.

"Really? Jungkook is from Busan too. But I don't know if I have been to Busan or not. Sadly after the accident I really can't remember much." You say honestly. Your memory loss is no secret. Everyone around you knew about it.

"I'm sure you did.. Busan is a precious place to miss. And I really hope you would recover your memories soon." He says meeting your eyes for a brief moment. It was enough for you to see the sincerity in his eyes. The sincerity you wished to see in Jungkook's eyes when you talk about this to him. 

"I wish that too. I will be the happiest person then." You say without even knowing the reality. Jimin got silent for a second as he contemplated whether to ask the next question or not.

"Why.. aren't you happy now?" 

You look ahead at the night sky and thought about his question for a second. Am I really happy? You asked yourself. Why shouldn't I be happy.. Jungkook treats me so well and I have nice friends around me. But still the emptiness was always there. With this void in my heart, I doubt if I could ever be 100% happy. But others don't need to know about it.  You say to yourself and turn back to look at Jimin. You wanted to tell him that you are perfectly happy but looking at him, you couldn't lie. 

"I-I don't know.. maybe not 100% but I will feel complete and happy if I get my past memories. Things will be a lot more easier and not confusing." 

"I can understand.. But what if your past is not what you expected. What if it's totally different from the things you know and the life you are having now." he asks pushing the limit a little bit to test things out.