Chapter 1: A bland life

"Rue it is time to go, we are going to be late if you do not hurry up." My life is quite bland, I had always wanted some sort of excitement in my life but I knew that in the small city of Moonsdale that everything was the same everyday, go to school;go to work; come home, study; go to bed and repeat everyday of every week. Even if I wanted to I could not stop this cycle because if I did then my life would become an absolute mess. "I am coming I just need to get my things together."

"You didn't do that last night; I did because I knew you would do this, and I am organized."

That is my friend Penelope Cruz but she likes to be called Lou for short, I never knew why she didn't want to be called Pen but she said she did not want to be called an object and that Lou was better because she was not going to be called 'Lope'. She is a neat freak and you may think that loads of people you know are or maybe, but she takes it to a different level, she will colour code nearly every and she will only wear symmetrical looking clothes and she will write down you name in a book if you borrow any of her things. We are so different and sometimes I wonder how we became best friends in the first place.

"Ok I am here now s-"
"Finally I was about to take off, you know that I like to be in school thirty minutes before it actually starts."

This is one of the things I never understood about her, school is already trouble as it is why would you want to be there longer than you needed to be? But I never questioned her on it because she is one of my only friends and I don't want to upset her so I just stay quiet.

"Uhm ok...are we going now or what?"

She starts up her new black 2020 Tesla Roadster. She doesn't like to show it but her parents are really rich but hey who am I to judge?

"So how was your weekend Lou?"

"Well I went to the library to sort out the books in the non-fiction section, you know how Mr O'Brian is..."

Mr O'Brian was the librarian at the local library and Lou work as a part time job there for him, not for the money (obviously her parents are loaded) but because she thinks that he is having trouble putting the books in their 'correct positions on the shelves' and that people will not enjoying reading if they can't find the books.

"RUE!"

"Ahhh, what was that for?"
Well that got me out of my thoughts, she likes to make sure that people listen to her when she speaks, sometimes I see how she can be a bit bratty but honestly it does not really bother me.

"Were you listening to anything I just said, or were you to busy with something else?"

Well yes as a matter of fact I was busy with something else but you brought me out of it. "No sorry I just zoned out for a second."

"Ok well I was saying that this was our first day in year 13"

This was true it was the first day back after the summer holidays and school was starting back up again. I was not looking forward to seeing some of the people in our school because they just wanted to destroy my life. It was like they came into the world and chose to make my life a living hell.

*Skrrrr*

Did I mention that Lou just got her driving license? No? Well now you know.

"Sorry didn't mean to, just having a hard time learning how to park this thing properly."

I couldn't care less as long as I make it out alive. Imagine 'latest news teen found in car injured by her friend not parking properly'. "It's fine let's just get into school before-"

I did not finish my sentence before someone walked over to us, Their shadow looming over the car window as I was about to open the door. I dreaded this to happen all summer the beginning of the trouble...I had hoped that this year would be different but I was wrong on all accounts.