Chapter 21: The ball and Rue's natalem

*Rue's Pov*

Today was the day! Today was my natalem! And the ball!
I am so excited about them both. To be honest with you I have been feeling down for quite some time now and just knowing that my friends are here for me is a weight taken away from me. Which is a huge relief.

I barely got any sleep yesterday because I was to excited but it was enough to give me energy for the rest of the day.

McKenna has slept over in the guest bedroom and Griffin and Luno were coming at some point after school to pick us up. I am still not quite sure if Griffin had asked her (McKenna) yet but there is still time.

I quickly bathed and got dressed before going to McKenna's room for the night. I knock and heard a grumble of a 'come in' before opening the door and walking in.

"Happy Natalem Rue!" Exclaimed McKenna as if seeing me had woken her from her slumber.

" thank you, you are the first person to say that to me, "

"Wait what? No one else has said that?!"

" no because your the first person I have seen so far today. "

"Oh you made me think people just didn't say happy natalem to you." I shook my head and walked over to the door.

" well I am going to leave you to it, but please hurry up I want to get to school early today. I have a feeling that something is going to happen. " she nods her response I leave so she can get ready.

****

"Happy Natalem Rue!" Said Griffin and Luno in unison.

"Thanks you guys, today is going to be a great day."

Once our greetings were completed we walked into the school. The once white walls were now covered in blue ribbons and lights whilst the floor had a red carpet out on it. Everywhere looked so festive.

" wow this place looks great. Better than last year anyways, " Griffin examined, Luno and McKenna both nudge him in his side.

"What happened last year Griffin?" I ask curiously. He shook his head.

"Nothing for you to worry about, it's fine," he stated blankly.

I nod my understanding and we walk to our first lessons. We don't all have the same lessons and so we all went out separate lessons but strangely Luno followed me.

"Why are you following me to class? We not in the same lessons."

" I am you 'teacher' aren't I? And also I have been asked to keep an eye on you today. " he responds in a non-enthusiastic tone. Wow am I really that bad?

But this time he didn't make any noise or facial expressions and so I didn't know if he had read my mind of if he hadn't.

When we got to class-anglicus- we were sat together had to work on the project together as well. I could feel that he was tense beside me, and I wanted to know why but didn't want to push him.

But the I kept feeling shivers down my spine; he was staring at me. I stared right back and watched as he got nervous and turned away, I smirk knowing I had won out staring contest but that didn't mean I wasn't curious as to why he was staring at me in the first place. He was acting really weird.

I get that it was my natalem an all but Luno wasn't the only person who has been acting strange. Stars had too. This morning when I saw him after breakfast he came up to me and said....

"Morning Rue happy Natalem,"

"Morning, and thank you," I replied .

"Rue I need you to do something for me today,"