Chapter 10: First Day Of School

After our conversation a few days ago Luno and I have learnt to tolerate each other. He was still as annoying as ever and was just plain stupid at times, but now I could stand him (only a little though). It was like we were friends...or mutuals at the very least.

The past few days I have been waking up a 4 and starting training earlier than needed, but it wasn't my fault that I now had powers -which were epic when you knew how to use them. But there was something I needed to do in the time that I had to myself, it was something I wanted to tell the others but I didn't know how they would react....

Anyways I had just finished my warm up with the hologram dummies and I was about to start heading over to get my towel when I sensed the presence of people in the training room with me. I acted like I didn't notice until they started walking towards me, I took in a sharp breath and dried the beads of sweat that were trickling down my forehead.

Just as they were about to attempt to scare me I turn my self around and throw a punch in their chest.

"Ow Rue not soo hard, you know that I am not a morning person," complained Griffin. With this I heard a chorus of chuckles in the doorway of the training room.

"Pay up Griffin I told you she would know you were there, she has been getting better over the past few days," McKenna says inbetween laughs.

"It's not funny she got me right in the stomach. It hurts!"

" I could have done way worse so be lucky I knew you were there, " I reply butting into their bickering.

Griffin shakes his head, while McKenna finally calms down from laughing, Luno comes towards us by the bench.

"You guys are ridiculous, but we did tell you Griffin so pay up," He really doesn't have any manners does he?

" Hey, I was coming to that and anyways McKenna didn't say hi!"

"Luno who are you talking to?" asks Griffin with a 'are-you-going-crazy' look on his face.

"Rue. Telepathically. Obvs" haha did I just hear Luno say the word obvs?!

"Yes you did now don't make a big deal about it," he says while sitting down inbetween McKenna and Griffin. They both look at each other with mischief in their eyes, but before I can ask anything McKenna speaks.

"Rue are you ready?" I look at here with confusion and nervousness on my face. It is most likely evident in my voice.

"Ready for what exactly?"
"School of course what else?!"

'WHAT!' Is the only things that is going through my head at this moment in time. Why?! I was just getting comfortable with staying here in Esmondia and adjusting to not seeing my family everyday (or at all for that matter). I had just got out of that hell hold on earth why would I want to go to one here. As if reading my mind... (oh wait he can) Luno stated...

"Relax this is a school designed to teach kids about their powers and to train them for the world out there." I nod my response not knowing what to say next. I still didn't like the idea of going to school but I guess I would have to suck it up and deal with it. It wasn't like I wouldn't know anyone there, I had 2 really good friends and one mutual.

"RUE!! Come on, stop daydreaming, we have to start getting ready if we want to get to school on time," McKenna screamed from the doorway.

" Sorry I am coming let me just get my things," I reply while getting up and searching for my things.

"Looking for this?" Luno asks as I stand up from looking for my things. Why did he have my things?I

"Why do you have my stuff?" He just smirks and hands of over to me before nudging me towards the door where McKenna and Griffin stood.