Chapter 26: Meeting the Mastermind (P.t2)

We were onto the second to last task. Thank Celene for that but we had lost two friends so far and I didn't plan on losing anymore.

Even if it was just me and Luno left.

We walked down the road going past the corner and being met with her another long road.

We had just enough time to complete both of our tasks so I wasn't too worried. But what I was worried about were my friends. I didn't know if the Mastermind would actually keep the captive if we lost. But I kept trying not to think of that.

"You don't need to areas so much Rue." Luno stated.

"And why not?" I concur

" well because we can and will win this little game and our friends back, there is not need to worry, "

I smile even though I don't believe him but I can only hope.

****

We are still walking and the time we have left is...

2hours 00minutes 00seconds

"Where is the next task, let's hurry this up please," called Luno from beside me.

The Mastermind really said 'ask and you shall receive because one second we were walking the next Luno was hanging by a lightly lit rope in the air. Whilst I was in a platform next to a dark fairy.

"Fairies,pixies,witches,demons and knights welcome to a new game show called 'Pick and Choose ' made by the Mastermind himself," announced the fairy next to me.

"Today's contestant Celene of Esmondia!" The was a booing sound and some things thrown at me but I managed to dodge most of them.

" and the options to choose from, A chance to skip the last task but lose friend or keep friend and complete task together, "

"First of I am NOT called Celene and second of all those choses are not fair,"

" Ok so contestant pick and choose. You have five minutes, "

"Rue listen to me pick the first choice it gives you a better chance at winning," Luno explained .

I shake my head, "no Luno I am not losing you out of everyone I can't lose you," I say in barely a whisper. I look down avoiding eye contact. Don't judge it's weird.

" Rue you have too, I will be fine and so will you. I need you to win this for us. For me, "

I finally look up and meet his eyes, "I -"

" Times up guys! So what will the choice be a skip pass or lose friend? "

"This game is rigged I choose to stay to-"

"She chooses to lose me and skip task, " Luno buts in over me.

"What I don't-"

"Excellent choice, skip task it is,"  the fairy states. I glare at Luno with angry and sad eyes. He smiles sadly back at me before he disappeared.

****

I was back on the road but this time I was alone. The Mastermind hadn't bothered showing himself to me for some unknown reason. And to be honest I was glad.

I was furious at Luno for making me skip and angry at the Mastermind for taking them away and upset with myself for not stopping him.

I had the power to do why didn't I?

'maybe because you need training to be able to use them?'

Yeah but when I was in danger at the ball I activated my fire and water powers.