Chapter 7: Heavenly Realm

*Luno's Pov*
I have been really antsy since we left Bolten's workshop. We are now in the Heavenly Realm and I am leading Rue to palace. The meeting with the council will be in a few hours so we still have time to do other things before we meet them. We are currently walking side by side in silence because Rue is angry at me and I don't want to have another out break in public.

*timeskip*

We are now at the palace and we...well actually Rue is going through all of the security checks. Everyone has been taking precautions nowadays because we don't know how many demons are on the loose or what they look like, (well apart from Rue and I who saw two of them back on earth). After going through the security checks Rue still isn't talking to me, even though I have only known her for two days I know that she is definitely not the quiet type she is more of an outgoing,loud type. It is really nerve wrecking because I don't know what she is going to do or say or even when she will do anything.

Even after walking down five hallways she still hasn't spoken a word to me and I am getting really annoyed I want her to say something, anything to me- even if it is an insult. I can't take it anymore...

"Rue!!!" She just looks at me with a bored look on her face, like she isn't bothered by the way I am acting.
" say something,anything please, " again she does not say anything but just continues to stare at me with a bored face.
"Are you mad at me because I didn't warn you before teleporting us here? Or are you angry about my outburst in Bolten's workshop?" Yet again she says nothing.
" Uhh you are driving me crazy-" she smirks.
"What...what is so funny?"
"The fact that I drive you crazy by not saying anything." She says nonchalantly. She continues smirk as if this is the most amusing thing in the world (it's really not). My eyes must have turned violet because she stopped smirking and backing away from me. It took me a second to get my anger under control but afterwards my eyes were back to normal.

"Why...Why does your eyes change colour like that?" She as like a little scared child.
"It happens when I feel an intense emotion or if my power is strong."
She nods not really wanting to pursue the conversation. I move towards her and she moves back. I stop moving towards her and I see that she is scared. What is she scared of me because of my eyes?

"Look if you think I am going to hurt you then you have nothing to worry about, ok."
She still doesn't look like she trusts me, but after a few seconds she runs towards me. Instead of stopping like I thought she was going to she does a round house kick over my head! The next thing I hear is a thud behind me. What did she do? I turn around to see a shadow with a knife in hand. How did she stop it and also how did she know?

"Alrik! We have a code black," I tell as loud as possible, not soon after I here footsteps coming towards us, it was Alrik.
"Sorry Luno I forgot to do a shadow check today I will do better next time!" He says as he before chanting a spell to put the shadow back into the banished. I nod my appreciation towards him, before sending him on his ways back to his post.

"What was that...that thing?" she whispered.
"It was a shadow demon from the Banished, they are one of the most dangerous ones seeing as you don't take care to notice shadows," I explain to her, all the while she nods still in shock about the matter.

"Anyways we better get you to the magna praetorium, the council should be making their way there right as we speak."
" Diva was right, you do always speak formally. You need to loosen up a bit, your so uptight," she laughs as we make our way down the hallways.
"Haha very funny. But on a serious note when we get there you must not speak unless spoken to and try not to make any jokes and just over all try not to be you, be the complete opposite," she laughs thinking I am joking, but when she sees my face she stops and nods.
"Good cause we are here, " I say while pointing to the white mahogany double door in front of us.

She sighs and looks like she is thinking about something.

*Rue's Pov*
I am currently having an internal argument with myself about obeying Luno's orders or doing whatever I want, (my bad side is currently winning). Don't listen to him, he is not the boss of you. Yes but he is just trying to help you listen to him. Uhh this is frustrating.

*cough cough*
I step out of my argument and look at Luno who is staring right at me.
"Yes can I help you? You seem to stare at me quite a lot?!"
" Well I just trying to be nice for once and asking if you were ready to go but never mind," I scoff please, him nice, as if.

"Yeah yeah whatever lets just get this over with.
Luno knock on the door twice, and the doors are swung open to reveal a large hall with two brightly lit chandeliers on a high ceiling, there were three tall windows allowing natural light to fill the room and in the middle of the room there was a large table with 14 people around it. They were all staring at us and out of all of them I only knew one person- God Bolten.

" Hello there, you must be Rue, it is a pleasure to meet you" one of the people around the table said.I
"Yes my name is Rue it is nice to meet you too," I replied.
" Please come and sit, Luno be a good lad and get two extra chairs for me," the man said. Luno nodded and went off to get two more chairs. So I was just left there standing awkwardly waiting for Luno to come back. One of the people around the table stands up and starts walking towards me.

"Hello Rue my name is McKenna I hope we can be friends," she says with a smile on her face.
" It is nice to meet you McKenna, I am was kinda hoping to make at least one friend here, " I reply back to her.
"Wait really what about Luno? Isn't he nice to you?" I laugh Luno nice? This girl was funny.
" Please Luno nice, that is something I would like to see."
*cough cough*
"McKenna are you not going to introduce me to Rue." McKenna rolls her eyes and turns to face the person behind her.
" Griffin, Rue. Rue, Griffin. There happy now. " she says with a frown now on her face instead of a smile.
"Thank you McKenna you are ever so kind," he said.
"Children come back to your seats Luno should be back any second now," one of the ladies at the table said, and just then Luno was behind me carrying two chairs.
" Here you are father where should I put them?" Father! That man was Luno's father! Okay I am overreacting but why didn't he tell me he lived here? Maybe because you just met and he doesn't have to tell you anything? Why thank you conscious for that comment definitely didn't know that before (note the sarcasm).
"Put one next to McKenna and the other next to Griffin you can chose where you sit." Luno nodded and did as he was told. We all walked over to where the table was and say down commencing the meeting to start.