Chapter 23: The ball and Rue's Natalem (P.t.3)

*Luno's Pov*

I don't know what is going on anymore. Once we got outside we found Rue and Horacio together and when he went to leave she grabbed his arm and they shared some type of inside joke. They have a connection that I didn't think could be managed in such a short time.

We all went to Stars' place to get ready while Crya went with Amarli.

Even though it is the night of I haven't asked anyone to the ball. Griffin asked McKenna to the ball in gym and she said yes. Most of the boys had also asked some one and I was one of the few people without a date.

Don't get me wrong loads of girls have tried to get me to ask them out but I have said no to them all. Crya assumes I am going to ask her again but I don't know if I want to. Yes she is my girlfriend but after today I am not sure I even want to be with her anymore.

From what I know Rue also doesn't have a date to the ball. I have this strange feeling to ask her to the ball but I keep rethinking it and deciding against it.

This ball thing is harder than I thought it was going to be. Before Rue got here I would always defend Crya from McKenna and everyone. But now she is making me rethink everything.

*Rue's Pov*

"No...no...no...no...NO!"

" Omg if you are going to say no to all of them why not come here yourself and pick the dresses out. Why do I have to do it? "

"You have such a terrible fashion sense, someone should help you with your closet ," she grumbled as she walked over to my closet.

" I take offence to that you know... " but she didn't acknowledge me and just walked into my closet.

We had spent the last hour or so trying to pick out a dress for me to wear to the ball. Apparently all of these dresses are ugly and "looks like my grandma's scrap box in her attic" but really I thought some of the actually looked decent. But noo McKenna says that "you can't just look decent on your natalem you have to outshine every single person at the ball, including herself". So here we are.

" look McKenna if it looks so much like your grandma's scrap box why not just improvise and make a new dress out of some of the other dresses? "

"What no...hold on...that is actually a good idea, thanks. I will get right on it but I am going to need some help."

She stayed in the closet and used her potestas enim datorem to message someone. I say on my bad fatigued by the searching. Who knew getting ready for a ball would be so much effort. I didn't really go to prom in secondary school/high school, I thought it a bit dumb that girls had to get asked out by a guy and then get all prettier up for one night and then not even speak to the person ever again. So I just stayed at home - not really, my mother really wanted me to go but I didn't do I went to Diva's house.

*SLAM*

"Woah what the-"

"I am here darlings! You saviour, the One, the Only....Griffin,"

" Why did you have to be so dramatic? You nearly gave me a heart attack! " I yelled.

He looked at me as if I was the crazy one and then waltzes over to my closet. McKenna comes out of it and hugs him.

I wonder if he has asked her yet. "Wait you knew?!"

" Huh? "

"You knew he was going to ask me out?"

" well I think so seeing as a have him the idea in the first place....why? "

"Oh no reason...other than he said he came up with it himself and that no one apart from Luno knew before I did,"