Chapter 12: First Day Of School (P.t 3)

We made our way down the hall in awkward silence. It was so painfully to have to stay with him and not be able to talk to him. I was a naturally outgoing person, but I know when to shut up (unlike some people) yes I love to talk to people and making friends but in certain situations you just need to shut up. But what I couldn't understand was why Luno was still mad at me? Like I hadn't physically done anything to him (or even verbally either) so why was he mad? I didn't think him as the biased type but that is where he was leading me towards.

He scoffs making me aware that he had read my mind again. Why could he not just listen for once? Was it really that hard to just stay out of other people's business?

"Look just because I like to use my power does not mean that I can't mind my own business, I just like to know what people are thinking," uh hello that is the exact definition of not minding your own business but sure continue thinking that. But obviously I didn't say that out loud.

We turned yet another corner and arrived outside of the scholae officium est scriptor. Neither of us made a noise as Luno opened the door. We walked into the waiting room where the receptionist was telepathically talking to someone with her potestas enim datorem. She stopped when she saw us and ushered us towards the door of the Archididascalum.

We walked over and just stood there for a good few minutes but then I started getting restless and decided it would just be best if I knock on the door. 

Just as I knocked on the door the Archididascalum opened the door. "Please come in the both of you. Luno it is so nice to see you here for a good reason instead of a bad one," what was the Archididascalum talking about? What had Luno done before?

'RuE yOu HaVe CoMe HoMe! PlEaSe HeLp SaVe EsMoNdIa!'

That voice, I had heard it a while back when I was still on earth. But it sounded more distraught than before it was not calm and soothing but eerie and shaky.

I must have zones out for a long time because Luno was now dragging me by the hand inside of the office I didn't even have anytime to check out my surroundings. I yanked my hand out of his hand to the surprise of the Archididascalum, but this only made Luno amused by me and he had that ridiculous smirk on his face.

"Looks like sleeping beauty has finally awoken from her slumber," whispered Luno loud enough for only me to hear. I gave him a fake smile and barged past him to the seats next to the desk where the Archididascalum was seated already.

Luno also sat down in the seat next to me and I finally had a chance to check out where I was. The room was a light red velvet with abstract patterns on the wall, there were two paintings hung on the wall- one was a family portrait with a woman and two kids- one boy and the other a girl- and a man who I recognised as the Archididascalum. The other was of a man who looked quite similar to the Archididascalum-who was he was he related to him?- Under this picture there were words carved into the frame " Archididascalum Senior". So I am guessing that they are related? His father of uncle maybe?

"Welcome, I am glad you are both here and came here quickly, now I just have something to ask of you and you can go on your way. Luno seeing as Rue is new here we have arranged for here to have a "teacher" to show her around the school...

"O...k but what does that have to do with me? Oh wait please no please don't make me be her teacher!!!"

" I am sorry Luno but it has already been established and there is no way to change it now. And anyways she hangs out with you so it will be even easier to keep and Rue on her. "

"But I am not her babysitter you know I have a life why don't you get someone else to do it?!" He screams.

" Luno so no scream at me please I could have you suspended for that, " he replied to Luno's rant.

"Have you forgotten who my father is?!! Well let me remind you he is you ruler and could have you killed so I won't ask you again CHANGE IT!!!"

Silence. That is what Luno got from his outburst. I just say there while they stared daggers into each others eyes. I felt happy to be invisible at this moment and that if I hadn't been forgotten about I may be the one getting stated at. And man would that be uncomfortable.

"Look Luno I will have a look but really it was the council who chose you so there really would be no point in doing so...." This time Luno just sighed and walked out, whilst I just say there still trying to process what had just happened.

"Well uh thank you for having us sir, I am sorry for the trouble." I rushed out in one breath.

" oh no worries Rue I will deal with it, but thank you anyways now off to class. "

I stood up bored my head towards him and then walked out. I was so embarrassed because the receptionist was staring at me with a disgusted look on her face like I had been the one shouting.

I speed out of there and into the halls once again only to walk into a very strong wall. I think I may have a concussion! I then looked up at what I thought was a wall to see Luno looking down on me with that violet colour in his eyes again. This was the third time I had seen him with his eyes like this and I wondered what emotion he was feeling right now.

"Look Rue I am so sorry you had to see me like that I didn't mean to take out my anger on him, and it is not like I hate you, like yeah you are really annoying but still."

" wow did I just hear Luno apology? "
"Don't push it Rue!"
I laugh "Fine but I am not the one you have to apologise too am I?" He shakes his head and then bows it.
" But you don't have to do it now just get it done before the end of the day. " he nods his head and then looks back at bed but now his eyes were back to normal.

*ring ring*

"Quick Rue we are going to be late and get a detention from Percy," Luno grabs my hand and we rush down the hall taking turn after turn and hiding if we heard a noise. By the time we got to class we were only 3 minutes late and got let off.

But what we had not realised was that when we had walked in we were still holding hands! We got shocked looks from all of the students and I got shot a nasty look from Crya. Obviously once we realised what they were staring at us for we let go of each others hands and walked to our allocated seats. Which unfortunately were right next to each other because Luno was meant to be my "teacher" . This was going to be a long class.