Chapter 27: Meeting the Mastermind (P.t.3)

"Brother?"

"Oh yes did he not tell you? "

"Mhmm mmm hhmhmh,"

" Huh? Oh right the gag, " he says whilst ungagging him.

"Rue get away from him he is dangerous!"

I step closet to Stars and away from Dwendall. "Haha little brother you're in my territory now, you can't defeat me,"

" well I can at least protect my niece, "

"Yes but who from? I could protect our niece from you as well as me by sending her back to earth where our long lost brother put her,"

" No! She can't go back to earth not now! "

"Exactly,"

" Woah there! Slow down what do you mean by your brother put me on earth? "

"Well before I accidentally burnt this place to a crisp we were twins or rather triplets," Dwendall started.

"We did everything together, and it was fun," continued Stars.

" but then one day Neil (your father) and I were set up against each other in class, " explained Dwendall.

"They battled and in the end it was Neil who won but Dwendall was not happy so he used dark magic against him." Stars breathed.

"In my defence he was the one who threatened me with a dagger," defended Dwendall .

"What dagger? There was no dagger?!"

" yeah you right there was no dagger but what do you expect when your older brother steals everything from you and gets the praise while you get the blame, "

"He didn't take anything from you Dwendall,"

"Oh so Celene is nothing is she?"

" She wasn't yours to take in the first place D and that's why he took her back, to where she belonged. "

"She hates it there and you know it! You just don't like me, always sucking up to Neil even if he isn't even here,"

" oh for Celene's sake shut up the both of you, "

"You two have serious family issues that need therapy to figure out but this is not it. Unless I get paid." I suggested.

" No, " they said in unison.

"Exactly so please I don't want to hear you life story I just want to know why you got me involved."

" oh that's simple he thinks if he takes you blood which holds Celene and Neil's power he can take her corpse and bring her back to life, and take revenge by over throwing Luno's dad with her,"

"What!" I exclaim .

"Ok when you put it like that it does sound a bit crazy," he agrees.

" a bit?! Dude that is idiotic and unrealistic. I went my whole life thinking that my parents didn't want me so they gave me to my adopted family but then I find out about Esmondia and have chance to figure out a bit about my parents. But you drag me into this mess and want me to agree to give you my blood for you to take to bring my mum back to life! Hell nah! "

"Well if you won't give it to me willingly I will take it by force," he says pulling a dagger out of his pocket.

My family is messed up

"I won't let you do that to her," announced Stars.

" oh really and what will you do brother? "He

" This, " he snaps out of his chair and punches Dwendall in the face. But Dwendall has a dagger and plunges it into him, right in the heart.

"Run Rue Run! Don't look back I will be fine," but we both knew that he was as good as dead.

"I am sorry brother," is all I heard from Dwendall before I was gone down the hall.

****

I started crying but I didn't stop I knew that Dwendall could pop up at any moment and I would be finished all he need was a drop of my blood and my dead mother would be resurrected.

Don't get me wrong I would love to meet my in but not like this. I want my real mum not some un-dead corpse.

I find a door and open it straight away. Inside are all of the controls and systems as well as my friends.

"Rue!" Griffin shouted.

" Shut up Griffin can't you see she is upset? " McKenna hushes.

I untie them from their chair and they get up and stretch. "No time for that. Doo any of you know a way out?" I ask.

" no sorry, we couldn't see the panels properly from here, "

"Wait on I know, hold on," I say. I bend down and start checking the wall for a hole.

The wall would have hole from when my power shot some fire and water at it.

I found it! My hand heated up again. "Guys come quickly we don't have enough time,"

They come up to me and looked at my hand. "Woah Rue what is that,"

But I don't answer instead I force my power into the magic and burst the wall open.

"Quickly, go through," they go out one by one and when it is time for me to go I am grabbed by Dwendall .

"Not so fast little one,"

I close my hand to stoop the magic which closes the hole in the wall as well.

"Where did you think you were going?" He lifts my chin up with his red,gluey hand making blood mark on my face.

I kick him where the sun don't shine and dash....

I don't somewhere I am going nor do I have a plan but to run away.

I see door after door but don't enter any. Why? Well because my hand is not heating up. And it has guided me reasonably well so far.

I get to the end of the hall and there is a door which makes my hand heat up. I open the door to see another chamber but this looked occupied.

I think this is Dwendall's room. Time to home alone on this guy for trying to resurrect my mother.

I put needles under the and frozen water in a bucket above the door and his bed.

This would be fun.