Chapter 28: Revenge

I let Dwendall catch me but I didn't make it obvious. I saw him coming round a corner and ran past in front of him the pretended to get a stitch and he caught me and put me in yet another guest chamber.

He left me in here for the night and went to his chamber to sleep. Helps and screams could be head all over the house and it made me laugh.

He deserved what he got and he had more coming for him. Tomorrow morning.

****

"For the last time did you or did you not pull a crazy stunt like that?" He asked frustrated that I hadn't answered him.

"Yes and I would do it again," I admit .

"You do realize I could kill you right now," he says while pulling out a dagger.

" yeah sure do it see how well my mother likes you once she sees he daughter dead by your hands, " I smirk.

"That's what I thought,"

" look it's not that I am crazy I just want to get my one true love back, "

"Ok I am sorry but 'true love's is a one time thing you can't get it back by resurrecting a body, because that would unbalance Rue's world and it's forces."

" instead you either live in solitude or find another love not starting a zombie apocalypse, you choose, " I shrug.

"You're right I do need to stop going after your mother,"

" Really? "

"Yeah I need to leave her heart at rest what I need to is to avenge her through your father,"

" oh Celene, that is not what I meant, "

"It may not have been but it is what I must do," he says whilst dropping the dagger by my feet.

I slowly pick it up and hold it close to me. "Dwendall, you know how you killed Stars?"

" Yeah I do? What about it? "

"What were your last words to him?"

" They were 'I am sorry brother'... "

"Good."

" why do you ask, "

I take the dagger and slit his throat causing blue blood to flow to the floor like a waterfall. "Sorry Uncle," I whisper as I back up and walk away.

My mother was dead, my uncle Stars was dead, my psychotic uncle Dwendall was dead, and the only other family I had was my father. And where was he?

I realized I didn't need family by blood because even if blood was thicker than water. The people tied to you never stayed for long but the relationships you work hard for and took time to build were the ones who stayed. After all the full say was "the blood of the covenant is thicker than the water of the womb"