Chapter 25: Meeting the Mastermind

I landed on a cold,ashy,tiled floor. Where was I?

I stood up and started dusting myself off, I looked around and saw a whole civilisation around me. Up close there were rows upon rows of houses.

The houses were old and looked like they had been on fire, seeing as the roof was burnt and missing pieces. The windows had no glass and some houses were missing doors as well.

"What was this place?" I ask myself.

"It's the Banished," someone answered.

I didn't think anyone would be here so I spun around and fire a ball of fire at them. They dodge it and stand up before running up to me.

"Relax Rue it's just me!"

" Luno? What are you doing here? I thought you were still in the ballroom! " I ask.

"No we all got to you before you completely disappeared." He explained.

Wait who was 'we' it was just us here?

"No Rue, Griffin and McKenna are here somewhere too, they grabbed onto me when I grabbed you so we are all here together."

" We're over here! " shouted McKenna. We looked up to see her in the house next to us on the second floor with Griffin, or what I thought was Griffin, next to her.

"Why is there a wolf with McKenna?"

"Well Griffin's power is to talk to and morph into other animals so he must have transformed, " he explains.

I sigh with relief and walk towards the house. I can here Luno's footsteps behind me and so I walk further forward.

We get into the house and go to the second floor. This may have once been a bakery because there was an oven and loads of supplies of flour and milk. But like I had seen before everything was covered in ash.

What happened to this place?

"To be honest, the books say that the wrath of the Mastermind was so much when he first got banished that he burnt the place causing everything and everyone to go up in flames." Luno clarified.

"Woah, that must have been tough," I muse.

****

We get to the second floor and meet McKenna and Griffin in the room they were in. "We were looking to see if there were still any inhabitants but we couldn't find any," McKenna states .

"Soo what do we do know?" Quizzed Griffin from the corner of the room now back in human form.

There was a rumble from the floor causing us to fall to the ground. Suddenly, a blurry image appeared out of absolutely no where.

"Hello dear Celene, nice to see you again," a masked man in a black robe greeted.

"My name is not Celene and who are you?" I ask.

" your meant to be smart Celene, think, "

I think about it for a second and realize. "Your the Mastermind!" I exclaim.

"Well done for figuring that one out. And yes I am the Mastermind." He congratulates .

"What do you want from us?"

"Oh I don't want anything from them, but I do want something with you, " he briefs as he points out my friends.

"Ok then what do you want with me?"

" You will find out once you complete my tasks. Complete them well and you will be able to leave in peace, but if you fail then I take your friends and you hostage. Do we have a deal? "