Chapter 16: Escaping the big bad men

*Rue's Pov*

I had come to realize that life is nothing like the books we read as children. Obviously we don't have powers or can do something crazy things without getting on trouble or even making people fall in love with us.

Life instead is a whirlpool of emotions,actions and physical and mental pain and gain. We are not sure how we will turn out of when we will die. But we do try out hardest to fit in to cliques or studying for a degree we will most likely give up after figuring out how stressful of boring it is. We can be sure of anything but we spend most of our life trying to set out a path that we should follow that we think will make us happy.

That path will most definitely change in ways we wouldn't have imagined and that is what makes it interesting.

For instance I never thought I would get kidnapped by demons from a another world completely. Or that I would become they way I had become. Nor did I think I would be away from my family and friends for so long. I missed them dearly but I know they would have moved on from me by now. After all it had been a month and nearly a week.

****

Yet again it had been a tiring day training and seeing as Crestfallen Eve was just 3 weeks away Ed was training me harder than ever. He won't me to be a killing machine. And I can't lie I was. But it was night time now and I was going to bed now. I took of my glasses (Yes I wear glasses now, I had read so much at night that my eyesight had become weakened). I only took them off for training (I didn't want to break them obviously).

I slipped into my mahogany,four post, black,queen sized bed and went to sleep. But I couldn't sleep. I was wide awake for some reason and I knew that my senses were never wrong. And I felt like something was not right.

Something told me to pack my stuff and go and hide from something or someone. After that night I followed my instincts even if I got into trouble because of it.

I quickly gather my belongs- not having much anyways - and stuffed then into a tote bag I had found in my room. Everything and anything I thought I would need I took and stuffed in there as well. Then my senses heightened and I knew what ever was going to happen was going to happen any minute now.

I didn't know my way out of here and didn't know where to go. But the I remembered something. My powers! How had I forgotten? I swiftly turned into a shadow. And just in time too!

My door was busted down and three angry looking creatures- with fire, ice and earth looking swords- came in. Next thing you know a worried looking Ed comes tumbling in with Liwiwawawawa next to him looking utterly lost (as usual). I have to hold back my laughter for the purpose of not being found.

"Where is she Ed? You said she would be her?!" Questioned one of the knights with pure venom in his voice.

I finally remembered what they were. Knights! Death knights to be exact. They could kill you with the touch of their blade, they were known to not show mercy and instantly kill with no emotion. I was similar to them in way you could comprehend. But one thing I wanted to know was why they were here?

Apparently only a few (or two as I thought) of the demons or whatever had escaped the Banished, how were 3 more appearing looking for me?

"I-I-I don't know! She should be here she can't have left there is no way out and even she did want to leave she would have to go past me and Liwiwawawawa. Which she didn't by the way."
I was still trying to get used to the fact that Ed was scared. He wasn't scared of anything.

"Well she isn't here now is she?!" Seethe knight 2.  Ed shakes his head.

"Maybe she went to the bathroom. In fact I need to go right now. See you guys," in forms Liwiwawawawa. The knights shake their helmet heads.

"HoW was he! Put in charge with you to work on this mission?"

" I-I don't know? " stuttered Ed. I kinda get bad he was so scared of them. Even after what he put me through he didn't deserve anything they three at him.

"Well if you couldn't even keep an eye on the girl for more than a second then maybe you are not fit for the job." This seemed to bring out the Ed I knew.

"How dare you! I most definitely deserved this job I did look after her the most of last month and all didn't I?"

"Oh so now he has his speech back! Oh well it is too bad I am going to miss it."

" Wh-wh-what do you mean miss me? "

"Oh Ed don't you get it? You are useless to Dwendall now that you have lost her! And this was your last chance remember? "

"No please no,"

" bye bye Ed" and with that knight 3 sliced his stomach.

His body began to dissolve and turn from slimy to ash, his once burnt looking skin was now one of a human and he looked almost
human like.

"Please..." He breathed out....His last word....

The knights shook their heads and his body new apart. But no blood or anything disgusting. No. Just into ashes.

Good bye Ed even if you weren't the kindest to me you made me stronger than you will ever know.

With that the knights turned to each other. And nodded.

"You did the right thing. We knew we would lose brothers and sisters on the way to victory. And now we have Dwendall's trust. Come let's find the other. He is to much of a risk to us to stay alive as well."

The others nod and they walk out. I sigh knowing I had just missed a very close call.

It looked like it was time to go and I wasn't sticking around to see Liwiwawawawa get killed (not that he deserved it but I couldn't do anything without getting myself hurt it worse.

I slipped the shadow of the wall to the other side. I was on the outside now. I saw the moonlight shine on varies place in the forest. I avoid the and practically start running in shadow form.

I don't stop until I can't see the building anymore. But that is after I run into something hard. (Yes shadows can still feel pain).

I look up to realize that it is the map from before. Just standing there it being the only hope I have of getting out of here.

I turn back to human self before looking up at the map.

'so if I am here and the Space Realm is there, the n I just have to jump through these Realms and take a boat to the Water Realm and from there to Stars' Realm.'

I mentally calculate this and figure out that I should arrive there by nightfall tomorrow if I get going now.

So I did. I looked one more time through the forest with my power to see the building I had spent the past month in.

Good bye nightmare! And with that I took my potestas enim datorem and teleported to the realm right next door.