Chapter 2: secrets

The next day*

*Rue's pov*

Yesterday was a pain in the ass; I got a warning, my head still hurts (from getting it yanked) and I am ground, but the funny thing is that I regret none of what happened yesterday.

"RUE!! Breakfast is ready."

Ahhh!! thanks for that...you nearly burst my eardrums. "Ok I won't be a sec."

Do you ever feel like today is going to be a good day? And at that moment in time you have that main character feeling and start acting like everything is about you. Well even if you haven't I was feeling like that this morning. I took a shower and dress up into a black crop top and Jean shorts, with a few added accessories.
I then started making my way to the dinning room where mum,dad and Josh were already sitting down and talking.

"So Josh how did it feel like to start six form yesterday?" Mum asked with a interested look on her face.

Josh on the other hand had a secretive and scared look on his face. Now I had two options, 1. Help him out by changing the subject or 2. Let him spill his secret right here right now. Even though I really wanted to know what his secret was I wanted Josh to feel comfortable to tell us so... I chose option one.

"Soooo what is for breakfast today? Oooh French toast, sausages, bacon, beans and freshly squeezed apple juice, now this is a breakfast fit for a queen like my self. Thank you."

Mum and dad were flabbergasted. And Josh just had a big grin on his face.

"Good morning to you to you too sweety."

"Yeah yeah good morning to you mum. So where were we... Ah yes mum can I go out shopping with my friends today we have a show coming up."

Now I knew I was pushing it with this because mum gave me her infamous now-why-would-I-do-that/your-grounded-so-shut up look. But all she said was-
"We will have to see". I knew she meant no but was trying not to cause a scene seeing as it was only 7:30 in the morning.

*Beep beep*
It was the sound of Lou's car, thank goodness for that because I don't think I would have lasted with the awkwardness in the room right now. I got up, grabbed my bag but just as I was going to leave my mum stood up.

"Now where do you think you are going we haven't had a family meal in a while I put so much effort into it."

Now I felt bad, I didn't want to offend her. I always go to school with Lou and if I don't then I walk but that rarely ever happens. I was stuck and I don't know what to do.

"Penelope can join us and you two can go to school after we are done here... Quickly now we don't want to waste anymore time.

Great just what I need, that feeling I had this morning was gone I know I just felt like it was going to be an average day.

*Timeskip*

So I am outside now and I am walking towards Lou's car. She is giving me a quizzical look because I don't seem ready to go.

"What's wrong? Are you not ready to go because I can wait. Rue?"

I just stand there for a second before a hear my name being called again. But this time it is not by Lou. No it is in my head.

"Rue...Rue...Rue you must come...come home where you belong..."

Home..what home I am at home, well actually I am outside of my house but same difference. And where is this "home" I am meant to and why do I belong there.

"RUE!!"

"Yes"

"You need to stop zoning out what did you want to tell me?"

"My mum wants me to stay for a family breakfast but it is really awkward and I can't go until it is done."

"Oh ok so I will see you at school then."

"No can you stay it is really tense in there and I need a ride to school, which does not involve my parents."

Lou's pov
I could see that she was desperate, and I wasn't about to let one of my best friends get stuck in a awkward situation. But then again I always get to school 30 minutes before it starts. No Lou get your priorities together you are going to help your best friend you are not going to fail your GCSEs if you miss one study hall.

"Ok fine I will stay but as soon as we are done you will owe me...ok?"

She shakes her head to show that she agrees to this deal. So I get out of the car and lock it. We walk into the house and straight away I can feel the awkwardness, it is like they are strangers eating together but I can't say anything other wise I will mostly make it worse.

"Hello Mrs and Mr Hyde"

They both nod their heads and go back to eating their food. This silence continues for the rest of the meal.

*Timeskip*
*3rd person pov*

As they walk into the school everyone is staring at them, they looked at each other looking clueless about what was going on and why everyone was staring at them. They looked back at everyone else to see everyone still staring at them.

Before anyone could say anything the bell rang and people started to disperse away to their classes. Still quite confused the girls walked on towards room 301.

*Rue's pov*

I don't get it we just got into school and everyone is staring at us like we have done something wrong. Wait what if they had found an embarrassing video from my old tik tok account or maybe the one on YouTube?! Oh please no that would just make my day worse than it already was.

The bell has just gone and everyone is going to their classes but they are still staring at us. Lou and I are just outside room 301 and we can't see Diva anywhere, ( looks like she is going to be late today).

Ahhh!!! What...what is going on just a second ago we were standing by room 301 waiting for Diva next the door opens up and we are yanked in. This day keeps getting weirder and weirder. It is like a black abyss in here with no way out.

I can hear Lou screaming somewhere near to me and I can also hear some shushing her or trying to at least. Next I hear some shuffling and the lights are switched on and it's....

Ohh so who do you think the person is who switched on the light and what do you think is going to happen next. Thanks for reading so far I am going to try and publish more chapters soon but I am having a hard time thinking of what to write next. Please comment, vote and share.