Chapter 19: New Rue

*Luno's Pov*

It has now been two weeks since Rue had come back and McKenna had secretly told us what has happened to her. We hadn't asked because we wanted her to try and forget or at least push away the thoughts of the knights and Ed and all demons all together.

I missed the old Rue even if she was annoying she made me laugh and feel some how that I hadn't felt in quite some time. But now she was a whole new person- not that I blame her, no, I blame Ed and even Liwiwawawawa (What a ridiculous name) they did this to her and I don't know how to get her back - she doesn't speak as much or at all for that matter, she looks tired all the time and she keeps to herself.

But occasionally we get her to speak and talk like before she was before she left. Those times are the times I treasure because sometimes she's will go hours with no communication or social activity.

*Rue's Pov*

These last few weeks I haven't opened fully up to anyone but McKenna, she most likely told the others, in fact I am sure she did. I know that they are worried for me and I appreciate it. I just guess I am used to having no one to talk to so I keep it all to myself forgetting they are even there in the first place.

I was walking on my way to the food hall and wanted to know what the latest gossip was.

'Omg the ball got moved!'
'Wait what really?!'
'yeah!'
'I bet that Rue girl won't get anyone to go with her to the dance, she is far to strange and anti-social '
'mhm yeah I agree'

Great so not only was there a ball that was happening that I didn't know about but people were still talking about me. It was as if they didn't have anything else to speak about. Seems like fan behaviour to me. Oh well. Let them talk.

I entered the food hall properly for the first time since I had gotten back here. Every other time I would turn into a shadow and get in not wanting to be seen.

All eyes were on me and I thought why not play along with it.

"Hello my fellow subjects I am glad you have shown me your queen respect, you may go back to eating now."

This made practically everyone groan and look away and go back to talking most likely about what I had just done. But there a couple of laughs that could be heard from across the food hall. It was from Griffin and McKenna.

I smile at this I am glad I had made someone smile. Having company again allowed me to open up more than I thought I would do after being kidnapped or ever actually.

I didn't realize how much I had missed them until I had made my way back to them, I knew that I would do anything and everything in my power to never lose them for anything or anyone.

As I walked over to their table I heard murmurs of the ball again and I knew that it was a big event that wanted to be apart of.

"Hey Rue! What you did back there was so funny you should bring that side of you out more often." Praised Griffin .

"Or not?" Requested Crya.

" it wasn't that funny in the first place and you were never the queen of this school anyway, I was and I still am. "

I nod "Sure that's fine it was a joke anyways nothing too important," Crya looked puzzled like she had expected me to come at her like the way I had when we had first met. Back then after I had done that Luno had hated me and I think she thought this would put me to a disadvantage of something or another.

I sat down and was pasted a tray of food and happily dug into it. The food here was really good for a school and it surprised me every time at how much effort would have to new put in to do a job like cooking for a whole school.