Chapter 15: Missing you

Yesterday I only got 4 hours of sleep. From 12am- 4am. I had to wake up at 4 so we could get to the training room again. Also I got whipped about 4 more times after the first. They still hurt but I guess Ed was getting fed up of me falling asleep or not doing the stance correct so that is why he did it. I get it. It's discipline.

We were know in the training room and were going through the stances from last night.

"Kick, kick, duck, stand and slice," Ed commanded as I slot the throat of one of the hologram dummies.

"Good good now try it on me," I looked at him strangely wondering why he wanted me to practice the stance on him.

" come on chop chop. " I shrugged and walked over to him.

"3 2 1 and GO!"

I did the stance and when it got to slicing his throat he vanished again. Before I could heighten my senses he was behind me with the whip across my throat ready to burn me at any minute.

"You were to slow as soon as I disappeared you should have heightened your senses try again." I gulped still not moving because of the whip.

"Well then move?! Oh right the whip," he stated more to himself.

*Meanwhile*

*Luno's Pov*

"Luno could you be a darling and hold these dresses while I try on the one that Griffin is holding over there?" Crya questioned as I take the dresses from her.

I nod at her to lost in my thoughts to think up a response. Lately (or ever since we lost Rue) I have been acting closed of to everyone (Griffin, McKenna, Hope- my guardian and Crya) way more than usual. I didn't think that a girl I had just met would leave such a heavy weight on my heart.

It has been a day but it feels like an eternity. I knew for a fact that the demons would not have killed her. Not after they saw how much she meant to us. That would be stupid. But I also knew they most likely would treat her like diet on their shoes. No respect.

*Back with Rue*

"No no no no no!!! For the last time it is 'punch punch kick duck jump dodge and illusion' not whatever mess up you keep doing." he argued as he brought the whip down on me for the sixth time since we had started this new stance.

Apparently this would be useful when I had to join Dwendall's army. Not that I wanted to buy I didn't have a choice. All the soldiers in Dwendall's army knew these stances and used them to fight their enemies. At times like this I wish I had never met Luno or that I had trusted my instincts and hid that night.

****

It has been a month since I was kidnapped and I have grown stronger. My sensory powers have come a long way from when I first found out I had powers. My illusion has also become stronger over this month too. However, my shadow magic has become stronger than both of my other powers because I have had been able to practice at any given time. But only when no one was there. It is a secret power. I got information on how to grow this power in the huge library that they had next door to the training room.

I read book from every genre and every subject. I had only myself for company and so I had lots of time to read. If I wasn't training then I was reading. Over this month I had become very anti-social. Words and even actions did not have that much of an effect on me anymore. I had become an emotionless shell which knew how to fight if need be.

I still missed Luno, Griffin and McKenna and Lou and Diva but Lou and Diva were on Earth and Luno, Griffin and McKenna were in a different Realm. I figured this out in one of my late night shadow practices. I had somehow mad it out of the grounds and outside. I walked around and found out that we were in a forest.

I walked further into the forest and away from the building. I found a map and not only did I find we were 5 Realms away from them but I found out that I was on a completely different planet. Aka not on Earth anymore. All in all I didn't really expect Esmondia to live inbetween earth as a magical world right next door. No. I just found it weird that I was in space at one point.

Anyway, I had to go back because I didn't feel like jumping five realms and I most likely would be found within a few days so it would be pointless. But what I did do was more my surroundings so that when I did escape it would be to be to jump to a different Realm.

I had also changed my looks over this month. I had grown to about 5"9 and I had cut my once long hair (up to my back) into a now shoulder length, I also had a fringe- which surprisingly suited me.but no one knew about this hair cut because I wore a wig- I had found it in my closet I think a disguise? I had become way paler from being indoors more often than not and I looked exhausted and tired. No one knew about this either because I wore make up.

But I still had a slither of the person I was at the beginning of this month. I guess?

*Meanwhile*

*McKenna's Pov*

It is nearly the end of the month and we have not seen or heard anything from/about Rue. When the news first got around school some kids had offered condolences others just scoffed and looked the other way. I can't really blame them, they only knew her for a day and none of the actually got to know her.

Crya couldn't have cared less and so I purposely hit here with a fire ball while we were practicing for duelix in P.E. She hasn't said anything but had got her revenge by starting a good fight in the food hall. To be honest our relationship had just gotten worse since Rue came into our lives.

Luno still blamed himself and shut himself of for had the month but we got him back after his dad had become even more heartless- if that was possible.

Crya had been getting ready for the ball that was to take place next month and everyone else has started early as well this year. I wish it would have been that easy but it was not. I missed Rue and had planned on going shopping with her too.

*****

*Back on earth*

*Diva's Pov*

It has nearly been a month since Rue went missing. And the police have declared her dead. She had left no clues as to where she went and so there police were left at a dead end.

There was a funeral/memorial for her but I refused to believe it. She wasn't dead I knew it.

I felt so alone in the world with no one to comfort of keep me company.

Lou and I had fallen out because I refused to believe Rue dead. She thought I was going crazy and I was in denial. She said I wasn't being logical and needed to move on.

So about half way through the month she decided she didn't want to be my friend anymore. She became best friends with Stacey- Rue's bully! And unfortunately my half- sister. She and I did not get on with each other because we liked the same person. Justin. Rue's other bully. I always knew that he wasn't mean he just liked Rue. But because she didn't know I didn't say anything.

Stacey liked to run in the fact my only friend had left me for her and they were now besties.

Rue would have hated this.

****

I was in school, head down heading to class. Suddenly I bumped into someone. I look up and it was Lou.

"Hey Diva long time no see."

" Yeah no time no see "

"Are you still convinced Rue is alive?" She laughed mocking me in a not so secretive way

" Yes I do because she never does she is just lost. "

She scoffs "oh wow you still in denial I see" a crowd was no growing and Diva had pushed her way next to Lou.

"Wow really I didn't know that Diva over here still miwses her bewst friend" everyone laughed.

"Haha so funny"

I barged past the laughing crowd and made my way to class full of anger. Lou had changed so much Rue would be so disappointed in her. And even me.