Chapter 24: Yet Again

*Luno's Pov*

"I thought they said that we would be leaving soon? We have 10 minutes before the ball starts and you know how they are if you are late..."

" Yep... "

"Punch duty." They say in unison looking lost in thought as if remembering something...

Griffin shivered. "One of the worst experiences ever, handing out drinks to people for the whole night and not being able to leave the drink table was horrid."

Luno nodded his agreement. "I still think those girls had way than enough time to get ready how are they still not done?"

" honey please you can't rush perfection neither can you rush a girl on her natalem, " scoffed McKenna.

Griffin and I spun around to face McKenna and Rue. They both looked stunning.

"Woah!" I whispered. I look at Rue in her dress with her hair and make up done and Celene did she look beautiful, "Rue...you look...outstanding," I breathed not really knowing what the ball was going on with me.

She smirked and looked me up and down before saying... "You clean up nicely yourself Luno." I had no idea what the hell was going on with me I felt warm inside and couldn't help but smile.

*Cough Cough*

"Huh? Oh right you look lovely as always McKenna." I say whilst rolling my eyes at her.

I saw her smile and strut to Griffin. "Thank you that's more like it. We get that your admiring your girlfriend's look but you can't forget who designed it," she reminded me.

I roll my eyes at her. " She is not my girlfriend Crya is and also I didn't know you designed the dress. You did a good job it really suits her. "

'she so is' is what she replied and I just shrugged it off. "Look we only have five minutes to get there so please everyone get your potestas enim datorem and let's go." I command.

Everyone does as I say and takes there potestas enim datorem out and we all teleport to the fire realm (McKenna's home) to enter the ball.

We walk into the hall and the security guard let's McKenna through and checks is before letting us in.

We are meant to have a date but I didn't and so I was completely surprised with myself when I said...

"Rue will you be my date to the ball?"

Rue looked at me in shock and so did McKenna and Griffin. Please say yes, please say yes.

"Uh, sure I guess." She replied

" thanks" I say genuinely happy she said yes and I think it showed on my face.

We walk into the hall hand in hand with our dates and when we get into the hall everyone is turned to us at the top of the stairs trying to see who was there.

At the ball the school hired a huge ball room in one of the realms and in these rooms there were two huge flights of stairs and spot lights at the top which could be turned on and off when needed.

And they would hire a man to call out the name of the people coming to the ball to see who got detention for not going to the mandatory ball. I still don't get how or why you would make a ball mandatory.

"Lady McKenna and Sir Griffin,"

And with that McKenna and Griffin walk down the stairs to the dance floor and waited for us to come down. Rue and I step into the door light and i can see everyone and everything from here.

I hear gasps from the people who thought Crya would be my date yet again this year.

The room was covered in gold and pink decorations and the chandelier was a reddish colour. Everyone's outfits merged together to make a rainbow against the walls.