35- Recovery

UPDATE/AN: I would like to thank you all so much for your amazing support and words of encouragement. I recently announced that I've been struggling with a lot of stuff personally and would be a little absent. I wasn't really expecting much so I was in shock and completely in awe with all the amazing comments and messages I've received from everyone. It's crazy for me because I'm not a great writer, I've made so many mistakes in my books and yet you guys continue to support me and it's amazing.

I'm glad to announce that things are starting to get back to the way they were, and even better then before. Which means.....UPDATES!!! And just in time for the new MHA season!!!! For my manga readers we've been through hell I know. Don't worry I won't spoil anything for my non-manga readers, just know that the more intense the series get, the more intense this story will get! I hope you guys are ready!!!!

Also one more announcement. My Deku story can't go on forever so I'm curious to know, who do we want next? Comment who you guys want next! Bakugou? Todoroki? Heck I'm even thinking of doing a Jujutsu Kaisen series! Let me know in the comments!!

Again thank you guys for everything, I love you guys. Remember to go beyond! Plus Ultra!! AND LETS GET THIS CHAPTER STARTED!!!!!! This chapter will be short only because the next chapter will be a different part of the story and it's kinda hard to explain but you'll see lol. ENJOY!

__________________________________________________________

Eventually we were all allowed to either go home or back to the hero agencies we chose to train with to continue our internships. Todoroki decided to go his father's agency just to see the look on his face knowing that his son took down the most wanted villain in Hosu, while the rest of us went home to recover. I wish I could've spent more time with Gran Torino to learn so much more about All Might and how to be a great hero like him but I could barely move without needing assistance.

I was told to stay strictly in bed unless I needed to use the bathroom but even then I had to have someone help me which was....pretty embarrassing. My pain meds made me drowsy and dehydrated which meant I was constantly drinking which meant....I constantly had to pee. I didn't know what was worse. The broken bones or the constant peeing.

Asahi placed me back down on my bed for the 100th time, letting out a heavy sigh.
"Damnit woman! I'm about to lock you in the damn bathroom if you keep peeing like this!" He grumbles in exhaustion.
"How do you think I feel!!! My stomach isn't too happy about this either! I just want to keep one sip of a drink in my body!" I grumble back at my brother. He shakes his head at me and crosses his arms over his chest.
"Well besides the constant bathroom visits, how are you feeling?" He asks.
"Asahi......I can't do this crap. I should be out there with Gran Torino, fighting crime and warming up fish pastries but instead I'm stuck in here." I whine, tilting my head back to stare up at my ceiling.
"You know I'm really worried about the people your hanging out with. What kind of hero teaches you about microwaving food?" Asahi asks, going completely off topic.
"A GREAT TEACHER, WHO KNOWS HOW TO APPLY BASIC HUMAN KNOWLEDGE TO QUIRKS!! DO NOT INSULT HIM!!" I snap at Asahi dramatically causing him to put his hands up defensively.
"Okay Wacko. I'm going to go make a call and then I'm sure you'll need to pee again so I'll be right back." Asahi informs me before leaving my room.

Later that day, there was a loud knock on my door causing me to flinch before instantly regretting my sudden movement with a whimper of pain.
"Yeah!" I call out to the person who caused me to jump in the first place. The door opened to revealed Izuku carrying a small grocery bag and a small bouquet of flowers in the opposite hand that was still restrained by a sling.
"Hey, thought I'd bring you some stuff to cheer you up! Asahi told me you've been pretty miserable." He gives me a sympathetic smile as he enters my room.
"You didn't have to. You're injured too, you should be at home resting." I insist as I watch him place the bag down and the flowers down gently on my desk.
"With all the training I've been doing with All Might, it's weird to be sitting down for too long. Besides, I'm not as badly injured as you.....And if it weren't for me running off, you'd probably be fine and you wouldn't have gotten injured-." He begins to ramble, lowering his head sadly as he blames himself. I let out a heavy sigh and reached over the best I could, grabbing his hand so he would stop talking.
"Please stop blaming yourself. We both did what we had to. We both saved lives that night, and I wouldn't have it any other way. Now show me what you brought and come sit with me so we can have a movie night!" I smile bright while tugging on his hand gently causing a smile to grow on his face.
"Okay!"

It's times like these when you need a friend like him. He brought me my favorite ice cream, my favorite snack, and a squishy plushie of my favorite animal. He sat next to me on my bed as we watched some of our favorite movies. Even though I wish we had more time to train, this was great also. Just him and I....alone.....in my room.....he got me flowers and gifts.....NO Y/N STOP!! WE AGREED, NO NO NO!!! This was going to be harder then I thought.....

After finishing my ice cream, I reached over for my special blanket causing me to grumble in pain and frustration. Izuku noticed me struggling and grabbed my blanket, draping it over me and tucking me in comfortably. His hand lingered on the edge of the blanket for a moment as he stared at it with a narrowed brow.
"This blanket feels weird, if you don't mind me asking what is it?" He asks curiously.
"Well you know how my quirk needs constant warmth and sunlight?" He doesn't respond, instead he just nods. "As you know, at night there's no sunlight and it gets cooler. So my family and I tried multiple ways of keeping my health and quirk in tact at night. We tried heating lamps as if I was some type of Lizard and I hated it, we tried heating pads but it wasn't enough, until we had a custom heating blanket made for me." I inform him.
"Holy smokes! That's so cool! I was kind of curious how your quirk was affected at night but that makes sense. So having the blanket on you, helps you circulate heat at night, keeping you alive and healthy. That's genius!" Izuku praises, causing butterflies to fill my stomach.
"Yeah, my dad is the one who customized. He was so smart when it came to that type of stuff.....He could build anything...." I rub my thumb over the soft material of the blanket as my mind begins to wander.
"You know....your parents would be really proud of you Y/n." Izuku comments as he takes my hand in his. My eyes focus onto his as I feel my body temperature begin to rise. I wasn't sure if it was because the blanket or because of the way Izuku looked at me. His eyes were so focused yet so gentle....so soft and welcoming...I could stare at him for hours.
"You think so?" I mumble, completely lost in his eyes.
"Y-Yeah." He stutters out nervously, causing a cheeky grin to spread on my face. Only Izuku could be so alluring and innocently adorable at the same time.

I didn't even realize he was leaning towards me until I could feel his cool breath tickle my lips. I could feel my eyelids slowly get heavier and heavier as I leaned in to meet Izuku. His face was a deep red indicating he was just as nervous as I was but neither of us showing any sign of us stopping anytime soon. Finally, after waiting for what felt like eternity....his lips pressed against mine. They were surprisingly soft and warm. It was a short and sweet kiss, but perfect in every single way.

As he pulled away, I could tell he was about to start rambling apologizes and start stuttering like a complete idiot.
"I-I-I'm so sorry-." He began but instead of letting him finish, I silenced him with another kiss, catching him off guard. This time the kiss was longer and I pressed more into him, causing him to apply more pressure as well. It felt hungrier and more eager then before. Like we both knew exactly what we've been wanting and now we both finally have it.
I pulled away from him, his eyes open wide as he stares at me in complete shock.
"Don't be sorry." I smile at him. After a few seconds, his shocked expression turned into a happy one as he smiled back at me. That night I didn't feel like I needed the heating blanket cause I had I Izuku there to keep me warm.

"Hey Izuku..."
"Yeah?"
"I have to pee..."