43- THE EXAM2

I quickly reveal myself to Eraser head and let out a large strobe, larger then the one before. Or at least, I try to. When I open my eyes, they widen once I realize nothing has happened. Panic strikes me to my core and I freeze once I realize what I predicted happened. He knew what I was going to do. The plan wasn't going to work.

Eraser Head looks down at me with a look of disapproval.
"I knew you'd try to blind me once again and you knew that, it's a shame you didn't have the confidence to come up with something smarter and prevent yourselves from looking like fools." He remarks down at me. My heart grows heavy as it sinks deep within me, sending the feelings of failure and embarrassment through me.

I stood there maybe as an attempt to distract him from Todoroki or maybe because I had already given up, I wasn't really sure at this point anymore. The sound of footsteps ontop of the roof coming up behind Eraser Head was enough indication for me to run while Todoroki carried out the plan. Or at least tried.
"STICK WITH THE PLAN AND MAKE IT TO THE EXIT, I GOT THIS!" Todoroki demands at me. My low self esteem gets the best of me and I do what I'm told without hesitation.

I run as fast as I can down the forever winding and confusing streets in an attempt to escape. I could hear them fighting in the distance until suddenly.....Silence. Did Todoroki win? Or did Eraser Head finally capture him? I shook my head and continued running in an attempt to focus once more on escaping. As long as one of us make it out, that's all that matters.

What would Izuku do? Would he run? Would he leave him team mate behind to get help even though that was the best option or would he stay back and fight? Like a true hero....Like All- Might.....

Flash back~

My eyes were glued to the tv as I watched All Might carry citizens out of a burning building. He looked so beaten up, so tired but he was still smiling as he carried those people to safety, and not once did he give up. Not once did he run away......

I looked over at my brother who was also watching the tv. He had put up with me watching this video 100 times but he didn't mind it much. It was the only thing that would help me sleep after our parents passed away. It was the only thing that kept me smiling.

When the video was over I laid back in my bed with my covers close to my chin, waiting for my brother to tuck me in and wish me a goodnight like he always did.

He ruffled my hair as he turned off the lamp besides my bed, causing me to scrunch my nose at him and laugh. He hands me my All-Might plushie before making his way towards the door.
"Goodnight Y/n, see you in the morning." He says as he begins to close my bedroom door.
"Wait! Asahi!" I call out to him. He freezes and looks over at me.
"What's up?" He asks, waiting for me to respond.
"Do you think I'll be a good hero? Like All Might?" I ask him in a quiet tone. Afraid that maybe he saw a small defenseless sister who can't do anything for herself....
"No.....I think you'll be better then him. You'll be a great hero Y/n, I know it. You can do anything." He responds with a bright smile. I can't help but smile back at him as I feel my eyelids begin to get heavy, my mind finally put at ease.
"I love you Asahi."
"I love you too Sunshine."

End of Flashback~

Before I knew it, I had already turned around and made my way back to where I left Todoroki. I'm not going to leave him behind. We were going to make it out of here or capture Eraser head, together.

I finally arrive at the street where I left Todoroki, hiding myself behind a builder as I peep around to see he was tied up and hanging upside down due to Eraser Head restraints. He lost eye sight of me for quite awhile meaning his quirk has worn off on me and he's probably focusing it on Todoroki. Okay think Y/n, think. You've tried strobe, he knows you too well and I'll end up blinding Todoroki. Heat blast won't do anything. Think!!! Wait a minute. I spent years training and learning hand to hand combat......Just go back to my roots!

There was a large chance that this wouldn't work. He was fast and stealth was his thing, but if I could just get him to blink. Then Todoroki will have the upper hand and will be able to get out of his restraints. If I'm going to do this, now is my chance!

I focus all of my heat to the outside of my body, so it'll be difficult for Eraser to land a punch on me without severely burning himself. He'll have to choose, stop me or stop Todoroki.

Once my body heat is at its highest level I charge Eraser from behind. He begins to turn around once he hears me approaching but it's too late. I land a solid punch into his cheek while using my other hand to grip his black shirt and fling him into a nearby building. My fist stung by the heat from my body had already began to cauterize the wound that formed.
"You okay Shoto?" I ask from below him. I look up at him to see his eyes were wide and full of a mix of emotions.
"What are you doing here?!? I told you to go!!! Don't worry about me!" He yells down at me.
"Sorry Shoto I can't do that. I'm a hero, I can't leave you or anyone behind. We're going to win this, together. Now focus and try to get out of there. If he blinked you should be able to use your quirk." I take a deep breath and clench my fist, "I need you to trust me Shoto. Trust me when I say we can do this but only Together." I respond. He stares at me for a moment before narrowing his brow and focusing on the restraints around him.

The sound of Eraser caused me to focus back on him. He had a large grin on his face even though he had just been punched and there was a nasty burn on his cheek, where I had punched him.
"Now that's the Y/n I know." He comments. I can't help but smile at his statement before charging back at him. "But I hate to say it, this is a stupid attempt to capture me and you'll fail!" He shouts as he attempts to dodge my attack.

Instead of a physical attack, I hold my hand up shoot a large blast at Eraser, sending him back. His body scrapes against the pavement aggressively causing a few bricks to go flying. I shoot another large blast, sending him back a bit further. Right where I wanted him.
"No! No we won't!!" I respond with determination. "NOW SHOTO!!!" I shout.

Before I could even blink, Shoto was behind Eraser and had captured him within his ice by his ankles. I charged at Eraser, grabbing the end of his own scarf and began to wrap it around him. I handed the end of the scarf to Shoto, allowing him to freeze it so it would be harder for him to escape our grasp. He used his other arm to cover his eyes as I let out one last strobe.

When I open my eyes, I see that Eraser was not just restrained by ice and his own scarf but he was in a daze and no longer could see for right now. There was a loud horn that went off around us before Principle Nezu's voice replaced the horn.
"Congratulations Students!! You have successfully capture your teacher!!!" He announces. I look over at Todoroki and flash him a cheeky smile before bringing him into my embrace.

He stands there awkwardly for a moment before slightly hugging me back while patting my back.
"I told you we could do it Ice Cube." I giggle as I pull away and playfully punch his shoulder. He smiles and rubs the spot where I punched him.
"I should've trusted you from the beginning......Never again will I doubt you." He responds with a small smile. Little fireworks go off in my stomach as I feel as though I'm starting a friendship that will last for a lifetime.

We begin to help Mr. Aizawa out of his restraints and we help him towards the exit since he still cannot see as an affect from my strobe.
"Hikaru." Mr. Aizawa speaks up suddenly as we sit him down with recovery girl.
           "Yes sir?" He pauses for a second and flashes me a small smile, stopping me in my tracks.
            "That confidence you had to come back for your classmate Todoroki.....Keep that and don't loose it.....You'll need it when you become a real hero." He instructs me. I stare at him as I allow myself to process  his words. I nod and give him a large grin.
           "I won't let you down Sir!"