41- Exam training

Later that week it was time for the written exam. I felt as if my brain was going to explode but I survived. After the exam everyone talked about how they did and it seemed like everyone did good for the most part. Except some who seemed completely lost and on a totally other planet. Maybe they'll get a good score based off them guessing and actual knowledge. Now it was time to prepare for the physical part of the exam.

      My body ached and sweat was dripping down my brow as my heart raced against my chest, ready to burst. I could feel my legs ready to give out from under me but I wasn't even close to where I started. I could hear footsteps from behind me, indicating Izuku and Ochako were close behind. Shit. With a large huff, I force my legs to carry me faster for one last time, running as fast as I could until I reached the bench where our water was.

I threw my hands into the air and let out a Yelp in victory before falling to my knees in the patch of grass. I rested my hands on my knees as I caught my breath, waiting for Izuku and Ochako to catch up.

I look over my shoulder and see Izuku finally reach the bench and Ochako shortly following behind him. The familiar tightening in my chest followed causing me to look away. It was supposed to be me and Ochako today but she invited Izuku. Izuku and I haven't really told anyone about us except that day in class training when I snapped at Sero and Kirishima but they swore they wouldn't tell anyone.

      Does she like him? Maybe he likes her too. No no no then he wouldn't be with me. Unless it's for sympathy....No, Stop it.

         I stand up and take a deep breath, wiping some sweat off my brow.
           "You guys doing okay?" I ask, turning to face them.
           "Yeah, all good." Izuku replies. I look over at Ochako who was bent over and panting. She didn't even respond she just waved her hand causing me to chuckle a bit.
          "Let's take a 10 and then we can work on endurance." I tell them as I grab my water bottle.
          "E-Endurance? I don't know if I can make it." Ochako whines in exhaustion.
          "Come on!! You did your internship with a literal war machine!!! You got this!!" I encourage her. She take a deep breath and stands up straight before clenching her first.
          "You're right!!" She cheers.

      Those were her last words before falling asleep as we did push ups. She did good though, I won't lie. She lasted during squats, kicks, sit ups and planks but push ups was the last straw. Eventually Izuku and I woke her up and encouraged her to go home and get some rest.

        Izuku and I decided to work on our hand to hand combat to finish off for the day. I would be lying if I said my body wasn't screaming for me to stop but I was excited to have some one on one time with Izuku finally. It's weird, when we were just friends we had all the time in the world and I felt like we were close and now I'm constantly getting jealous over small, childish things and we never have time together.

        I prepared myself on the opposite side of the field from Izuku, waiting for him to attack.
             "Ready?!?" I call out to him.
             "Ready!!" He calls back out to me. Before I can even move he's already using his new techniques to move towards me. He was faster now and I wasn't prepared for it at all. My eyes widened and all I could do was Yelp as he launched at me. The weight of his body forced me down with an 'oof', knocking the wind out of my lungs. I wrap my hands around his foot that is on my chest and I use all of my strength to swing him away from me.

        I'm unable to swing him too far but just enough to give myself enough time to get back up. Before I knew it, he was on the attack again, launching at me. I hold up my arms in an x to block his punch, shut my eyes as I prepare myself to be thrown back but instead nothing. Nothing happens. I slowly open my eyes and lower my arms to see Izuku wasn't anywhere in front of me. Was this a test? Or a new technique he's learned?

        I turn around only to feel my body being pulled into another's embrace. It took me awhile to process what was happening and to loosen up. I wrapped my arms around Izuku and buried my face into his light blue tshirt, inhaling the familiar scent of vanilla.
        "Is this a new attack to distract me Broccoli boy? Because if it is, it's working." I chuckle. His body tenses up underneath me and I can feel his heart beat begin to pick up rapidly.
         "N-No-Noyoujustlookedexhaustedfrom trainingalldayandIfeltbadfordoinghandto hand combatwithyouwhenyouwere tiredand you're stillrecovering.Pluswehaven'treallydoneanything normalcouplesdo andI was beginning to feel asifyouwereloosinginterestin me and I didn't want you to think I wasn't thinking about us-" He rambled on and on nervously causing me to grin at him. All this time I was worried about him not being interested in me, when I'm reality he was thinking the same thing. I could feel heat spreading down from my toes all the way up to my cheeks and without even giving jr a second thought, I grabbed Izuku's red cheeks and pulled his face down to mine until my lips were latched onto his and his rambling was silenced.

        You know those cheesy scenes in fan fictions or romance movies where the girl describes fireworks and her foot lifts up like a princess. I would be lying if I didn't feel the exact same way.

         I pulled my lips away from his, opening my eyes to see his were wide and his cheeks were so red I was worried he would faint.
         "You ramble a lot, ya know that?" I chuckle. He lets out a nervous chuckle and rubs the back of his head.
            "I'm sorry, it's a nervous habit."
             "Don't be sorry, I think it's cute."
             "C-cute?"
          "Mhm...I think we should call it a day. Want to get some ice cream and come over?" I suggest. He gives me a goofy grin and nods before I take his hand into mine and lead him back home.