Chapter 18- Inko Midoriya

Izuku opens the door to his apartment, taking a step inside as he holds the door open for me. I follow behind him, eyeing the familiar apartment causing my heart to warm up as I was flushed with memories.
          "Hey mom!! We're home!" He calls out. I follow him into the living room area where his mom was finishing up cleaning the area. He turns around, her eyes wide as they landed on me before giving me a bright smile.
"Oh my goodness!!! Look at you!! You've grown up so much." She squeals in excitement. She walks over to me and embraces me tightly, causing me to let out a small chuckle. She pulls away, her hands holding my forearms as she looks up at me. "Oh honey, you look so much like your mom. How have you been? How's Asahi?" She asks as she begins to lead me over to the sofa.
        "Thank you, we've both been good. How have you been Mrs. Midoriya?" I ask her, giving her a bright smile as I sit besides her.
"Oh you know, same old same old. A little stressed though, it seems everytime Izuku comes home he has something new that's broken. I don't know where this power came from all of a sudden." She informs me with a little sigh as she looks over at Izuku. My eyes widen a bit as I look over at him. You didn't tell her?!?!?
"I told you mom it's just my body getting used to it. It'll stop soon, I promise." He reassures his mom from the other sofa across from us, giving her a warm smile.
"I know I know, I just don't like seeing my baby hurt. Guess you'll have to keep an eye on him while in school for me y/n." She chuckles, squeezing one of my hands as she gives me a small wink. My cheeks begin to heat up as I let out a nervous chuckle.
"Of course." I smile at her before looking back over at Izuku whose cheeks are also red.

During dinner, we took time to catch up and share a few laughs. She showed me Izuku's middle school pictures, causing Izuku to go into a small state of panic and embarrassment which only made it better.

After dinner, Izuku stayed in the kitchen while Inko continued showing me pictures. She looked over her shoulder before she gently placed her hand on mine, causing me to stop what I was doing and looking at her.
"I'm so glad you came back Y/n, you won't believe how happy Izuku was when he found out you came home." She smiles warmly at me. My cheeks heat up once again and I can't help but smile at the information she's giving me.
"Really?"
"As soon as he came home, all he did was talk about you. How you stood up for him like old times, how you didn't forget about him....He's a lot happier now that your by his side again." She squeezes my hand and I couldn't help but let tears begin to form in my eyes.
"I could never forget about him. He's my best friend." I reply, looking down at a picture of Izuku in his All Might costume from when he was really young.
"Just best friend?" She asks me, giving me a small nudge causing me to let out a small laugh, while my cheeks reddened.
"Just best friends." I reassure her.
"Well, once you guys get over your little shy faze and realize there's more. You have my approval." She giggles while giving me a wink. My heart pounds against my chest and my blush rises to my ears.

Izuku's Pov-

After dinner and talking for a bit longer, it was beginning to get late so I decided to walk Y/n home since it was dark out. She gave my mother a hug which she returned tightly before looking over from her to me.
"Don't let this pretty one slip away Izuku! I do want grandbabies you know." She teases. My heart drop into my stomach as my skin begins to heat up everywhere. My eyes were practically bugging out of my head as I stared at my mom. She did not just say that. I look over to see Y/n's cheeks were also red, her eyes wide, and a nervous smile.
"O-Ok m-mom I-I'll be back soon." I stutter as I stumble out of the door, grabbing Y/n's hand so we can leave quickly. She waved at my mom once last time before I close the door behind us and make our way down a few stairs to the Main Street below. We were both silent, both of us still in shock from my mother's words.

I occasionally looked over at Y/n, her cheeks now less red but had a pink tint on them. Her hair laid effortlessly on her shoulders, her eyes seemed to glow in the moonlight, and her smile was so carefree. I wasn't sure if what I was feeling was because I cared about her as just a friend or....more...I don't want to ruin our friendship but...it's hard not to think about what if....

We eventually make it to the front of her house and she turns to face me.
"Please thank your mom again for me, it was nice seeing her." She smiles warmly, her head tilting a bit.
"I will. I know she enjoyed seeing you as well." I give her a small nod while returning the smile. A pit grows in my stomach, my throat begins to burn and I can feel my entire body heat up. "H-Hey Y/n.."
"Yeah what's up?" I rub the back of my neck nervously as I avert my eyes away from her.
"D-Do you want to-to-to uh-h-hang out t-t-t-tomorrow, like g-get I-ice cream or s-something?" I ask her through stutters. My heart felt like it was going to pound out of my chest, my body was trembling. This was a bad idea.
"I'd love to. Just text me when you want to meet up." Her cheeks were a bright shade of red and her smile was wide. It was so fast, I couldn't comprehend what was happening until she was pulling away and running to her house. D-Did she just kiss me? "GOODNIGHT IZUKU!!" She calls out from her door as I stood there with wide eyes.