Chapter 8- One for All

I jog down the street, hearing the sounds of the nearby ocean and seagulls above my head. My stomach did flips and turns as I tried to think of what All Might wanted from me. He asked me to meet him at Takoba Municipal Beach with an open mind. He seemed serious though, his voice different then his usual enthusiastic one.

        Once I arrive, I see a extremely skinny man wearing an oversized white shirt and baggy green pants, standing in front of Izuku. I stare them in confusion, as my mind tries to process what my eyes are witnessing.
         "Y/n! Hey!!" Izuku shouts, waving at me with a bright smile. I wave back to him weakly as I make my way down to them. I stare at the skinny man, trying to figure out if I knew him. Then my eyes landed on his blonde set of hair causing a light to go off in my head as I'm hit with realization.
        "All might?" My eyes were wide as I stare up at him.
        "Yeah...I guess this is where I tell you exactly what's going on." He chuckles a bit, rubbing the back of his neck. His voice was different, a lot calmer than his usual loud, hero voice.

He began to explain the origins of his powers called One For All, about All for One, how he met Izuku, and decided he would be the next person to carry the power of One For All. I fell back into the sand, letting out a heavy sigh.
"Holy shit." I look up at the two of them as they stare down at me. "That's. Heavy. Like.....woah." I couldn't really think of anything else to say. It was all just suddenly dumped onto me and I had to lay there and process everything multiple times. "Wait so why are you telling me this super duper top scented mambo jambo?" I ask, sitting up quickly.
"Midoriya told me what you told him while in the care of recovery girl. And then after you and him explained your close relationship, I felt that you could be trusted. I'd hate for Izuku to carry this on his own." All Might informs me.
"Aww shucks now I feel special." I chuckle, punching Izuku's legs playfully causing him to let out a whimper as his cheeks redden.
"So you'll keep this between us?" All might asks me. I stand up, dusting off the sand that remained on my clothes and gave him a beaming smile.
"Absolutely."

That night, Izuku walked me home talking a little bit more about his quirk. I guess that now that he had this weight lifted off his shoulders, he felt like he could open up to me more. I walked with him silently, listening to him closely and enjoying his company.

Once we arrived at my house, I leaned up against the brick wall that separated my house from the street.
"You know, what you've been given is a big deal Izuku." He looks over at me closely as I lock my eyes onto his.
"I know..." He looks down at his hand, "I don't want to let All Might down...or you...like I said before. I promise I'll get stronger." He then looks back up at me after clenching his fist, causing me to smile at him.
"I know you will, just remember...your not alone. And you never will be. Okay Deku?" His eyes widen a bit hearing me call him by his nickname before brightly smiling at me as tears begin to form. "Oh no please don't cry!" I laugh a bit. He sniffles and wipes away his tears with the back of his hand.
"It's just......you've always been there for me. And I'm....Im just so happy you came back." He says as acouple tears escape his eyes.
"Don't get me crying now." I chuckle, pushing down the rush of emotions. I step forward and wipe away the few strand tears on his cheek. "Get home and get some rest. I'll see you tomorrow okay?" I smile at him.
"Okay. I'll see you tomorrow y/n!" He smiles before walking down the street. I watch him as he slowly leaves my vision before I let out a heavy sigh. What the fuck just happened....

I go inside, hearing the tv was on but all the lights were off in the house. So I go into the living room to see my brother passed out with a bowl of popcorn on his chest, remote on his lap and fast asleep while the tv blasts some random sit com. I chuckle at the sight in front of me before I grab the remote and turn off the tv. I grab the bowel, placing it on the table besides him and than I grab a fluffy blanket off the back of the couch, gently draping it over him. I gently kiss his forehead before I head upstairs to my bedroom.

I slip off my hoodie, tossing it on the chair in front of my desk before I flop onto my bed. Izuku, the prodigy of All Might. The next symbol of peace and number one hero. My cheeks begin to heat up at the thought of it, causing me to hide my face in my pillow. What is going on with me, Izuku is my friend FRIEENNNDDDD. Has he changed since we last saw each other? Yes. Was he more muscular? Yeah. Was he really handsome? Yes Did his eyes make you get butterflies in your stomach? Yes. Did his smile warm you up more than the sun? Yes. But that's normal for friends....right?

I push my pillow against my face as I let out a loud, muffled scream. I push my pillow off my face when the sound of my phone going off, catches my attention.

Texts

Broccoli Boy🥦- Thank you again for today. I know it was a lot to handle

☀️ Sunshine- No need to thank me, this is what friends are for!

I frown down at my screen as I let out a small sigh, placing my phone down on my chest. Friends.....right.

You Make Me Strong || DEKU X READEROn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara