Chapter 24- Shock

I followed Izuku silently down a quiet hallway until he stops. He keeps his back towards me as I watch him closely, waiting for him to say whatever he wanted to say. His body was tense, his fists were clenched, and he seemed to be trembling. I hated seeing him like this, as if he couldn't say what he wanted to....Sure, what he said hurt me deeply but at the end of the day he was my best friend and he could tell me anything he wanted to. Nothing would change that.

        I hesitantly walk around him so I could see his face. My eyes soften as I see tears stream down his freckled cheeks. I cup his face into my hands, causing his eyes to widen at my bold movement. I use my thumbs to wipe away his tears as warmth emits from my hands to comfort him.
             "I-I-I'm s-sorry." He cries out to me. His body trembles as he stands there while his eyes shut tightly. I stare at him for a bit, unsure how to approach this. Part of me wanted to be mad at him, to hit him, and kick his ass like Kacchan had suggested so many times but I couldn't.....
           "I forgive you." I sigh. I pull him into my embrace and cling onto him tightly as if my life depended on it. "I forgive you Izuku." I mumble against his neck. His arms wrap around me tightly, holding me against him.
"I didn't mean what I said....I-I'm so sorry." He sobs into my hair. I reminded silent as I run my fingers through his soft hair, allowing him to vent. After a few moments of silence, I pull his body away from mine just enough so I can see his face.

     I gave him a weak smile, allowing a few tears escape my eyes.
           "Hikaru!! It's time!!!" I hear someone call down the hall. Izuku and I pull away from each other quickly to look up at Iida who was rushing towards us. Izuku's and I's eyes widen as our cheeks redden.
         "Okay!! Please slow down!!" I frantically wave my arms in front of me, afraid of Iida colliding with us.

      Izuku and I make our way down the corridor with Iida ahead, stopping at an intersection. Iida pats my back and wishes me luck before leaving to join the other classmates in the stands. I look over at Izuku and let out a shaky breath.
         "Well, I'll see you after I get my ass kicked." I mumble nervously. He looks over at me, staring at me for a bit before he takes my hand into his.
        "You'll do great out there sunshine." He reassures me. My cheeks heat up and I look down at our interlaced hands. I've missed his touch, more then I even realized.
         "Thanks Izuku." I look back up at him, letting go off his hand. He releases my hand and I walk towards the entrance of the arena, my heart pounding against my chest. Well here it goes......

       I stepped onto the concrete platform in the center of the arena, my eyes focused on Todoroki across from me. I felt as if everything around us had slowed down, I could only hear my heart pounding within me blocking out every other sound. I didn't even hear Present Mic announce that we may begin until large spikes of ice came rushing towards me.

      I held up my hands, letting out a large blast of light to be emitted, breaking through the ice. Shards of sharp ice scraped my skin causing me to wince in pain. I jump on large pieces of ice, allowing me to jump up into the air in an attempt to get a better shot at Todoroki but it seemed he had the same idea. His body was heading towards mine, sending a bit of panic to course through me. Shit, Y/n think!! I lean my body back, allowing me to just miss Todoroki's ice. I grip his ankle once underneath him and use all of my strength to fling his body out of the boundaries.

       Unfortunately he aims his hand behind him, shooting out ice to prevent him from crossing the line and back at me. I could already feel my body becoming weaker from my last attack. I needed to try and land more physical attacks before I used my quirk or else I won't last much longer. This was going to be risky, but if I can land enough punches with some heat and burn him, maybe that'll throw him off.

My eyes landed on his right side and it's as if a light bulb went off. He doesn't use that side. He refuses for whatever reason....That's his weak spot. I rush towards him, allowing him to land a harsh punch into my stomach causing me to grunt out in pain. I grip his arm, sending heat through my arms causing his skin to burn under my touch. I send a high kick towards Todoroki's right side catching him off guard. I got this!!! Before I could land another attack, my hand gripping his arm began to freeze, sending ice up my body.

I can't use my quirk if my hands are frozen.

My body began to heat up, I began to panic. My breathing was heavy, my mind was racing as I tried to think of how I could get out of this. I couldn't loose, not now. Not without putting up a proper fight. I focused my heat throughout my entire body, feeling it being drained slowly as it seeped out from every pore. I let out a loud scream from deep within my chest as pain radiated throughout my body.

This could kill me. My body has never handled this amount of heat before. This is reckless, I'm doing exactly what I told Izuku not to do.....But I had to put up a fight.

The large blast from my body sent Todoroki flying back, breaking the ice that held me to him. My eyes were burning, my skin was on fire, and my body felt weak as I felt my body being thrown back. I landed roughly on the ground, the broken concrete and dirt bruising and cutting my skin. I could barely open my eyes, I couldn't move any of my limbs. I could feel pieces of broken ice pierce my skin, slowly melting into my open wounds.

All I heard was a high pitched ringing in my ears as my vision became darker and darker. I couldn't see Todoroki at all, I couldn't make out any faces in the crowds, and I couldn't hear Present Mic or Midnight.

"And the winner is......."

Izuku's Pov-

I stood up, fear causing my body to tremble as I stared down below at torn apart platform. Y/n's body was shaking violently as she laid on the ground while Todoroki was passed out on the ground on farthest side of the arena.
"COME ON GET UP!!!" I hear Mina shout from behind.
"SOMEONE HELP HER!!!" Kirishima shouts, his arm outstretched in Y/n's direction.
"What's happening?" Uraraka asks from besides me as tears prick at the corner of her eyes.
"She's going into shock....."