Chapter 13- Promise

It was over....

        I felt my legs buckle underneath me as I fell onto my knees. Tears fell freely from my eyes as I kept my eyes on All Might. His body heaved as he took large breaths, his side was bleeding from where he was previously injured and the nomu was able to land on an attack on the same exact spot.
          "Y/n!" Izuku rushes over to me, kneeling besides me. I lean onto him, hiding my face in his chest as he holds my head against his protectively. My body was shaking as a million different emotions rushed through me. I was exhausted from the fight, I was scared, I was worried about Mr. Aizawa and Thirteen who were severely injured, and I was sad for All Might who seemed to become weaker......He was slowly fading away in front of us and only Izuku and I knew this......If only I was stronger, strong enough to help him so he wouldn't have gotten hurt so badly. Or even better not have to fight at all today....

    I clung onto Izuku, taking deep breaths to calm down my wild and uncontrollable emotions.
          "Are you okay?" He asks me, looking down at me with eyes full of concern. I look up at him, getting lost into his green eyes. They provided me with an unknown sense of comfort and ease when I looked at him, as if he was saying everything would be okay. My cheeks heat up a bit as I look away and give him a small nod, too embarrassed to speak.

      The heros rounded up all the villains, taking them outside where the police escorted them into vans to be taken down the the police station. Students were checked out to see if there were any major injuries that needed to be attended to. Izuku and I were separated as he was taken to the nurses office while Mr. Aizawa and Thirteen were rushed to the hospital to see medical treatment for their severe injuries.

     I walked along side Kacchan silently as we made our way to the bus to be taken back to UA. I occasionally noticed him glancing over at me from time to time but I remained quiet. Too tired emotionally and physically to keep up with a conversation right now. As we sat on the bus, I began to doze off. My head swaying side to side causing me to jolt away, finding it practically impossible to sleep. Suddenly, a warm hand came into contact with my cheek pushing me down until my head was on their shoulder. I look up at Kacchan who had a small tint on his cheeks as he looked away from me.
       "Your really fucking annoying." He remarks at me. I give him a weak smile as my eyelids become heavy and I begin to drift off.
        "Thank you Kacchan."

         I slept the entire way back to school, trying to restore my energy that I used during the fight. The sun from the window warmed my skin, recharging me as I slept. I knew it wouldn't be enough to completely recharge me but it was enough to keep me moving and prevent me from going into shock. Eventually we were all taken back to school to change, gather our belongings and head home early due to the attack. Parents/guardians had been informed about the attack while the media swarmed the gates of the school, trying to catch a bit of the drama.

       After changing, I grab my bag and say goodbye to my classmates before rushing down the halls. I ran as fast as my legs would carry me, still a bit sore and exhausted from the fight. But that didn't matter, all that mattered was making sure All Might was okay. I rush to the nurses office where I could see Izuku with All Might. I opened the door, causing their attention to land on me, silencing their conversation.

     I shut the door behind me before charging at All Might, wrapping my arms around his neck causing him to gasp at my sudden embrace. Tears began to flow freely as I gripped onto his torn up shirt.
            "Are you okay All Might?" I cried as I clung onto him. Suddenly his figure shrunk underneath me causing me to pull away and see the frail man I saw on the beach a few days ago. His true form.
         "I'm alright young Hikaru." He reassured me as he pats my head. I wipe away my tears as I stand back.
"He hit you where your injury is....I saw it. Please tell me if your really okay." I insist. He lets out a small sigh before smiling down at me.
"I'm really ok. With the help of you and young Midoriya and your classmates, we defeated them." He smiles, giving me a thumbs up. But instead of returning the smile, I frown as I take a seat on the bed behind me.
"What's wrong sunshine?" Izuku asks me, taking a seat besides me.
"Those two men escaped....which means they'll try to kill you again All Might. They don't seem like the type to quit. They'll keep coming for you, no matter what but you can't keep going like this." I cry. Izuku watches me with wide eyes, unsure how to respond or comfort me. He places his hand on mine that rested on my leg.
"Young Hikaru." All Might kneeled in front of me, taking my other hand causing me to look down at him, he was back in his hero form, "No matter what, I will not let those villains defeat me. I will win and teach you and Midoriya what it means to be a true heros. I promise." He smiles up at me causing me to smile back weakly as a bit of hope fill my chest.
"Okay." I breath, giving him a brighter smile. "I believe in you."
        "We'll get stronger. So then you won't have to fight anymore All Might. We won't let you down." Izuku squeezes my hand as he speaks. It causes my eyes to widen a bit as I look at him, his smile contagious like always. It's as if his words were stronger than the sun, fueling me up with determination and strength....

     I felt so strong when he was around....