CHRISTMAS SPECIAL

~6 YEARS INTO THE FUTURE~

I sat on my couch, hugging my knees against my chest as I stared out the slightly fogged up window. It had started snowing early this week and it hasn't really stopped, making the outside a winter wonderland. It was a bit difficult for me considering that meant less sun and I needed it, but I also loved the snow.

But tonight, I wasn't focused on snow. My eyes kept darting to the clock, then the front door, and then back to the window. The room was dimly lit, the only sources of light was a few candles and then the bright lights from the Christmas tree across the room. The dinner I prepared was in the oven to keep it warm, but no longer fresh like a few hours ago. I had a second glass of wine by myself in an attempt to distract myself but it was useless....I was still worrying.

I was too afraid to turn on the news, afraid of the worst. Of course I always worried like this when he got called out, but I guess because today was Christmas I was a little extra worried. I'd be tense the entire time while out on patrols or trying to get somewhere close to the scene but not too close so I wouldn't distract him. And it seemed he was always busy, always saving the day and making sure that Japan remained safe. I guess that was the downside of being engaged to the #1 Pro Hero.

We've only been engaged for only a few months and hadn't really come up with much plans but of course it was supposed to be the top event in Japan, or so the magazines said. I'm not even sure how they found out, I made sure to take my ring off while working so I wouldn't lose it while at work. Yet they still found out, I'm pretty sure one of our old classmates had something to do with it.

        I twisted the silver ring on my finger nervously, as I stared out the window. It's been 5 hours. He should be done by now. Right? No, no Y/n, you know better. He has the fight the villain, then when finished check the damage, then see if there was anyone injuries, then get checked out himself....Oh my god, he could be in the hospital and I wouldn't know it. No, no. He's probably at the police station, doing the proper paper work. Right? Right.

         I stood up from my spot on the sofa and began to pace nervously, chewing on my bottom lip. He has to come home. My eyes landed on the remote on the coffee table, as I contemplated turning on the news to see his progress but my thoughts were interrupted by the sound of the door handle rattling.

        I rushed over to the door, unlocking it frantically and pulled open the door aggressively. His bright green eyes were wide as he stared at me with concern from my panicked state. He had a bit of dirt on him, his hero costume torn in some places, his bottom lip and eyebrow had a cut and I spotted a few bruises here and there. The cold air caused a chill to go down my spine, snapping me out of my trance.

        I grabbed Izuku's hand into mine and pulled him inside with a strong tug. I closed the door behind him and instantly wrapped my arms around his neck, pulling him into a tight embrace. He was slightly damp from the snow that melted onto him and he felt like ice compared to me. I let out a heavy breath I didn't realize I was holding, as I felt his arms wrap around my waist.

        I buried my face into his neck, taking in his familiar scent.
       "What's wrong princess?" He asks me. His voice soft and warm, sending instant ease throughout me.
         "I was just worried about you." I confess to him, my voice muffled against his pale skin. He pulls himself away from my embrace, his hands moving to my cheeks to hold my face. His hands were freezing against my warm cheeks, causing me to jump a bit before melting into his hands.
         "I'm sorry y/n, I didn't mean to make you worry so much." He leans forward and begins to scatter kisses on my face causing me to close my eyes as I enjoy his affection.
           "It's okay, I don't know why I was so worried.....I mean I always am I guess cause it's Christmas and now things are different." I begin to ramble causing a smile to grace his lips.
         "Different?" He arches his brow playfully at me, causing me to chuckle a bit.
         "Yeah, different. You know since were engaged." I point out. He removes his hands from my face and place his finger on his chin.
         "Engaged? Hmmmm oh yeah." His smile turns into a playful smirk and I'm suddenly being swooped up into his arms bridal style. I can't help but laugh at the sudden gesture. "That means in a couple months you'll be my wife."
          "Yep, you're stuck with me forever after that." I point out. He carries me over to the sofa and gently places me down before kneeling infront of me. He takes my hands into his and gently kisses the inside of my palms.
         "In that case, let's just get married now." He mumbles up at me. I shake my head at him and take one of my hands from his, running it through his beautiful green curls.
         "Soon Izuku, soon." I chuckle. He moves to the sofa, laying his on my lap and facing towards me.
          "Baby." He asks from below.
          "Yes?"
            "Can I put in a request for a present for next Christmas?" He asks me. I arch my brow curiously and let out a small laugh.
         "How do you know you didn't get it this year?" I tease.
          "Because I just do." He chuckles, wrapping his arms around my hips.
          "Hmmm what is it?" I twirl a lock of his hair with my fingers, watching it spring back into place.
           "I want a baby for Christmas." He replies as he nuzzles his face into my stomach. My eyes widen and I stare down at him in shock. I didn't even know what to say. Sure, Izuku and I always talked about settling down but we did that when we were drunk. We were both too shy to talk about it when sober and the only person who ever mentioned it was Inko.

      He removed his face from my stomach and looked up at me. His eyes showed he was genuine and meant everything he said. A smile crept onto my face and all I could do was nod.
       "I think I can make that happen." I chuckle. His eyes grow wide with excitement and he sits up quickly.
         "LETS GET STARTED!!" He cheers enthusiastically before he stands up. Before I can protest, I'm swooped up into his arms causing me to yelp before being carried to our shared bedroom. Both of us giggling like children.