Chapter 2- Old Friends

I stand next to Tsu with the rest of our classmates as Mr. Aizawa begins to explain the tests we will be taking. He asks the angry blonde to step up and throw the ball as far as he can. Bakugou. That's what the teacher called him. That's Katsuki Bakugou. Kacchan....We went to preschool together. He always pulled on my picktails and teased Izuku and I.......Izuku... I look over at the green haired boy as I began to realize who he was. That's Izuku Midoriya. We were best friends.

Flash back~

       I could hear Izuku crying as he hid behind a large tree near the playground. I peeked my head around the tree, frowning at my friend. He has a few scrapes on him from where Kacchan blew an explosion at him.

  I took a seat next to Izuku and handed him a handkerchief to wipe away his tears.
        "Don't let him bother you Izuku." I try to comfort him as he sniffles, wiping away his tears to replace them with new ones.
         "He's so cool and I just want to be his friend again. But I don't get why he's so mean." Izuku cries. I pout a bit, watching the emotional boy. Him and Kacchan were best friends before all of this. But now his quirk had developed and he became mean and nasty to everyone. Especially Izuku. I wrap my arms around Izuku, embracing him as I activate my quirk so warmth would spread from me to him.

       He lets out a small laugh as he hugs me back, a small hum escaping his mouth as the warmth soothes his nerves.
          "Thanks Y/n." He smiles at me.
         "Of course! You want to go back to my house and watch the video again?" I offer.
         "YES!!!" He stands up with quickly, excitement replacing his tears. He takes my hand helping me up before we run home to my house to watch the video of All Might. It was probably the 100th time we've watched it, but it always made Izuku so happy.

  End of flashback~

"Up next is Hikaru." I hear Mr. Aizawa call out. My face reddens as all of my classmates eyes land on me. Oh no. I nervously smile as I make my way to the front of the classroom to take my first part of the tests. I had to pass or else Mr. Aizawa would just expel me right here on the spot in front of everyone.

Mr. Aizawa hands me the ball before I step up to the spot marked on the ground where I was supposed to stand. The sun was beaming down on us, which I took full advantage of. A tingling sensation was sent throughout my body as I took a deep breath. Focusing all my warmth into my dominant hand, I sling my arm back before throwing the ball with all my strength. A beam of light shoots out of my fingers, increasing the strength of my throw as the ball is sent into the air.

Small gasps and whispers could be heard from behind me as I stood there nervously. I ended up getting a little over 700 meters causing me to let out a sigh of relief. That wasn't too bad. The tests after that were fairly easy, it just reminded me of normal P.E class.

After gaining the results, I was shocked to see I did fairly well compared to some students. During one of the tests through, Mr. Aizawa had to stop Izuku from using his quirk in fear he'd hurt himself just to pass. It concerned me.....I didn't remember Izuku ever having a quirk when we were younger....And it seems like he was known for pushing his body to the extreme....So much has changed it seems. Other things haven't though.

I rolled my eyes as I listened to Katsuki pick on Izuku, calling him Deku like he used to. He called him an idiot, yelling at him about his sudden quirk. I mean I was confused as well, but he didn't have to be so harsh to him about it. Eventually I had enough.

I walk over to Katsuki and slap the back of his head, causing him to shut up. Everyone stares at me with wide eyes, as if I've just walked into a den of hungry lions.
"Seriously Kacchan, grow up. Your acting like you did back in preschool." I snap at him, crossing my arms over my chest. Holy shit where did I develop the balls to do this suddenly? I was panicking on the inside while on the outside I remained completely cool. He slowly turned around to face me, his crimson eyes burning into mine. He was mad. No beyond mad. He was pissed.
"LISTEN HERE YOU DAMN NERD, JUST BECAUSE YOU KNEW ME DOESN'T MEAN I WON'T KILL YOU RIGHT HERE AND RIGHT NOW!" He screams at me as he grips the front of my shirt, pulling me in close. I press my hand onto his chest, allowing a beam of light to shoot through my fingers, forcing him back and releasing my shirt. I fall onto my knees, my eyes wide as I come to realize what I have just done.
"Oh shit." I breathe out. Izuku and I stare at Bakugou with fearful, wide eyes as he slowly stands up.
"Your dead." He growls at me. I quickly stand up and run towards the locker rooms as fast as I can. I can hear him chasing after me, causing panic to take over.
"OH MY CREASE OH MY CREASE." I shout in panic as I fumble to get the doors open before running in. I slam the door behind me shut and hold it shut with my body. I could feel him run into the door before he tries banging it down.
"I'LL KILL YOU!!" He shouts at me from the other side of the door. A small whimper escapes my lips as I struggle to keep the door shut.

After awhile I guess he gave up because there was no more banging on the door or death threats. I let out a sigh of reliefs as I slide down the door and land on the floor, hugging my knees to my chest. Some things just never change.