Chapter 3- Phone Number

After changing back into my uniform, I carefully scanned the hallways to make sure it was clear before leaving the locker rooms. I now had a giant target painted on my back for Kacchan. Or as Tsu said after finding me hiding in the locker room, I had a death wish.

      I rub the back of my neck as I let out a heavy sigh. This was a way to eventful first day. I was expecting to make friends, do a little bit of quirk related stuff and then head home with a smile on my face. But instead, I made friends, did a little bit of quirk related stuff, ran into old preschool friends, escaped death aka Kacchan, and was now sneaking around the school so I wouldn't be blown into a million little bits.

     As I began to walk home, I heard the sound of footsteps running towards me causing my body to react off instinct. I curled up into a ball with my hands over my head as I trembled in fear.
       "IM REALLY SORRY KACCHAN PLEASE HAVE MERCY!" I cry out, shutting my eyes tightly as I awaited to be beaten.
         "Hikaru, it's me Midoriya." The soft voice announces. I open one of my eyes to peek up and see the green haired boy looking down at me with a soft smile. I let out a sigh of relief before opening my eyes completely and standing up.
"Sorry about that. I thought you were Kacchan." I chuckle a bit, rubbing the back of my neck.
"It's okay. I wanted to thank you for earlier today. You didn't have to do that." He smiled shyly. He's grown up so much, but one thing hasn't changed. He still seemed as bashful as ever.
"Of course I had to. Just like old times." I give him a wide smile with a thumbs up before winking at him. His cheeks tint into a bright shade of pink as he lets out a little laugh.
"Right. It's been awhile hasn't it? How have you been?" He asks me.
"Eh same old same old I guess. I want to hear about you though," I gently punch his arm playfully causing him to chuckle a bit as he rubs his arm, "since when did you get a quirk? Have you been holding out on me?" I smirk at him. His cheeks redden and eyes widen as he begins to wave his hands in front of his face frantically while rambling apologizes and other nonsense. I laugh as I place my finger on his lips, silencing him. "I'm joking Izuku. I'm glad you finally got your quirk. I really am." I pull my finger away from his lips.

His cheeks redden more as he rubs the back of his neck bashfully. We begin to walk together, catching up and talking about everything and anything. It made my heart warm up just talking to him again like old times. We were practically inseparable when we were younger and now....I hope we can be that way again.

We stop in front of my house and I offer him to come inside to say hi to my brother but he informs me he has somewhere to be.
"Well at least give me your number so we can hang out some time, like we used to." I smile. His cheeks turn pink once more causing me to chuckle a bit. I hand him my phone and watch him as he enters his contact info. He hands me back my phone before saying goodbye and running off down the street. I look down at my phone and smile at his contact.

Warmth began to spread through me, causing an odd sensation in my chest. I placed my hand on my chest, a bit confused but I shook it off as nothing and made my way inside.
"GET A BUCKET AND A MOP FOR THIS-" I began to shout.
"IF YOU FINISH THAT SENTENCE, I WILL BEAT THE SHIT OUT OF YOU!" My brother shouts from the kitchen, cutting me off. I can't help but laugh as I take off my shoes and toss my bag on the couch before entering the kitchen.
"What's wrong with WAP?" I ask him innocently as I make my way to the fridge.
"Don't play dumb with me sunshine." He snaps back at me, trying to hide his smile.
"I have no idea what your talking about, it's just a song." I chuckle. I grab a bottle of water from the fridge before I hop up on the counter to take a seat.
"Mhm, nasty ass." He mumbles as he continues to make dinner. "How was school?"
"Mm good I guess. Guess who's in class with me though?"
"Your pride? Dignity? Manors?" He begins to list off.
"Ha, jokes on you I lost those a long time ago." I snicker back at him.
"I'm well aware. But who's in your class?" He asks.
"Katsuki Bakugou and Izuku Midoriya." I inform him.
"Oh I remember them! You guys used to be like the three musketeers!" He chuckles, turning to glance over at me. "How are they?"
"Kacchan is still an ass and Izuku now has a quirk. But he's still really nice. He's changed a lot though." I purse my lips, beginning to get lost in my thoughts.
"Changed as in he's gotten hotter and you have a little crush on him?" My brother asks causing my face to redden.
"Ew no that's weird!" I snap at him. He laughs and turns to face me completely while leaning against the counter.
"How is it weird? It's completely normal to develop feelings for your friends." He shrugs.
"Nope. Not for Izuku and me. We shall stay friends and only friends." I inform him.
"I give it a month or two."
"Until?" I tilt my head to side, a bit confused.
"Until you admit you have feelings for him. Or even better, you develop feelings for Bakugou." He smirks.
"NOW YOU'VE CROSSED THE LINE SIR!!" I toss a potato that was on the counter at him causing him to put his hands up in defense while laughing.

      That night I looked at my phone, looking at his contact as I let out a small laugh.

                Broccoli boi🥦

        He remembered....