Chapter 1

Izuku's POV

READ THE SUMMARY

My eyes fluttered open to be met with a bright light. As my eyes adjusted to the light I looked around. I was in a white...room? No...what is this? It looked more like white smoke. I stood up, but my back felt...strange. I turn my head to the side. There, protruding from my back are two...angel wings?.....what? A voice then snapped me back into reality.

"Hello Izuku Midoriya." It said calmly. I turned my head side to side trying to pin point where it was coming from. "It's okay your in a better place now!" The voice said softly. At those words every memory came flooding through my head.

Flashback to earlier that day

I watched as Kacchan headed to the door, his two friends by his side. I stood there, hurt, empty, and astonished. He had burned my notebook. My notebook that I had worked so hard on. I could feel myself start to shake. I looked up as warm tears started streaming down my face.

"If you want a quirk so bad why don't you go take a swan dive off the roof and hope you get one in your next life?" Kacchan said as he walked out the door.

The other two walked out after him laughing like maniacs. He's right Deku you're so weak and pathetic. Do it. My brain teased me. But Kacchan is right. I'm worthless and quirkless. I left my bag as I slowly made my way to the staircase, taking them one at a time. I opened the door to the roof and the afternoon sun hit my face. Hopefully my Mom won't miss me to much, if she misses me at all, that is. As I neared the edge I thought about all the good memories in the past with Kacchan. I know I shouldn't, but I was going to miss him. My feet were at the edge. I'm sorry Mom. I'm sorry...Kacchan. I closed my eyes as my feet left the surface. A thought ran through my head in that moment. I should've thought this through. A second later everything went black.

End of flashback

I stumbled as I recovered from the memory. "It's okay, your okay now!" The voice stated.

"S-so I'm dead?" I asked shakily. "Yes."

"Wow." I said taking it all in.

"Your Mother is very sad. But what surprised me is how much the blonde boy is torn up over this." Wait, what?

"You mean Kacchan?" I asked. There was no way he had even shed a tear. Right?

"Yes." I was shocked.

"Is it possible to see them?" I asked.

"Of course." And then the smoke began taking shape and color, purpose. Turned into my Mom's room. There sitting on the floor looking like a mess was my Mother. Her hair was everywhere and her face was red and puffy as she sobbed with her phone in her hand. I started at he broken woman. Shoulda thought this through.

"Can I like actually be there?" I asked.

"For some odd reason it is possible for you." I blinked and I was standing in front of my Mother. Taking a guess she probably couldn't hear or see me. I knelt down in front of her and hugged her. She leaned into my touch. Hm, I guess they can feel it when I touch them.

"I love you." I whispered in her ear. After a while I decided I wanted to see what the voice was talking about, with Kacchan. I gasped as my vision changed. Wait, some sort of teleportation?

As I took in my surroundings I saw that I was in Kacchan's living room. I smiled, I hadn't been here in years. Then a noise caught my attention. I looked to the side where the stairs were as another crash sounded. I floated up the stairs and stopped in front of Kacchan's door. I could hear sobbing and it also sounded as if he were breaking things. I went through the door, not wanting to scare him by opening the door. I froze when I saw what was in front of me.

Kacchan was breaking things and his room was a mess. He looked hysterical with his frantic, dead eyes, messy hair and red puffy cheeks. He really was more torn up about this than my Mom.

I watched in shock as auntie Mitsuki ran in and tried to restrain him. He struggled, but after a minute he gave up and broke down in his Mother's arms.

"M-mom?" He asked. She looked shocked that he had called her Mom.

"Yes?" She asked softly.

"It's my f-fault." He chocked out. I felt my eyes sting with the want to cry.

"No it's not!" She said sternly.

"Mom I told him to....t-to..." He didn't finish. But there was no need.

"Shhhh" She hushed him. I walked over to them and hugged Kacchan. He gasped in surprise.

"What?" Mitsuki asked. He didn't have to answer as I hugged her. "It's Izuku honey. See he forgives you." She said. It sounded....weird. As if she were telling her 13 year old son that Santa was real. He calmed down a bit.

"I l-love y'all." Kacchan said before drifting to sleep in his Mother's arms. If it wasn't this kind of situation I would have blushed but instead I just smiled and tried to ignore the heavy feeling in my tear duct's as no tears fell.

I knew I wasn't going to get a 'next life'.

Later that night

I sat on the edge of Kacchan's bed watching him sleep. He looked so peaceful. I could tell he must be exhausted from his...tantrum. I floated off his bed and closed my eyes. When I opened them I was back in the smoky room thingy. As I watched, the smoke began to clear. I gasped. It was beautiful. I was in a field of all sorts of flowers. There was red, blue, yellow, orange, pink and white. I could smell the lovely floral scent as I walked around passing my hands over them. The grass was tall, green and lush. The sun was shining bright. It was almost perfect. All I needed was Kacchan to be with me enjoying this moment. I sighed sadly.

"I'm sorry."