Chapter 2

Izuku's POV

The next week didn't go so well. Kacchan refused to go to school and was barely eating. Auntie and I are starting to get worried.

As I watched Kacchan I couldn't help but feel sad. If I would've known this was gonna happen I would have just endured his bullying. Auntie barged into the room.

"That's it! Get your ass up your going to school!" She shouted. Kacchan got up and got dressed. Auntie stood there shocked. She was most likely expecting a fight. Once he was done he turned towards us with a dull, dead expression. I felt a pang in my chest. I'm sorry Kacchan. I walked with him to class, wishing he could see me. Nobody looked at him, they could feel the depressed vibes coming off him in waves. Kacchan had his head down on his desk for most of the day. I made sure no one bothered him. Pushing kids away if they got to close. I wish I could tell Kacchan I loved him. I sighed. I hadn't meant to fall in love with my childhood friend. It just...happened.

Flashback to when they were younger

As me and Kacchan ran after each other, laughing, I started to realize our surroundings.

"Kacchan! There's a really pretty pond over here with Koi. Come see!" I yelled as I started running. As I entered the space it was just my luck that there was a rock. I tripped and fell on my knees, scraping them.

"Izu, are you okay!?" Kacchan asked worried.

"Yeah I'm fine it just hurts." I said getting up.

"Hold on." He says walking behind me. He unzips my All Might backpack and takes my little first aid kit. We sat down as he cleaned my scratches, then proceeded to put band-aids on my knees. "There all better!" He said helping me up. "I love you Izu!" Kacchan exclaims, holding my hand as we walked. I blushed.

"I l-love you to Kacchan!" I said happily.

End of flashback

That was the day it had started, my love for Kacchan. But as you can see, he never returned those feelings.

10 months later

Right now Kacchan should be excited. Right now I should be excited for him. But right now Kacchan doesn't care, right now my heart is breaking at the concept that he's so torn up over me, he isn't even excited for the entrance exam to UA. It's in about a week so Kacchan has been working hard but...he just doesn't care. He doesn't care if he makes it in or not. My heart hurts so much that this is really all my fault. As I walked Kacchan home like I always do the annoying feeling came again, the weight of tears that never seemed to slip past. I wish Kacchan was happy, that he hadn't cared or something and moved on. But...it's been awhile...nothing's gotten any better. He's eating a bit more, good. Sleeping less, bad. He doesn't talk to anyone but his parents or teachers and that's only if he has too. As we entered the house I could hear auntie and Uncle Masaru talking in hushed voices and stopped.

Kacchan seemed to think the same thing as he slowed to a stop next to the entryway of the living room.

"What do we do? All he's been doing is moping around?" I heard auntie say. "Do we need to get him a therapist?" She continued. Uncle Masaru sighed.

"I don't know." He said not liking the idea. Kacchan seemed to think the conversation had gone on long enough. I frowned as he glared at the wall , gritting his teeth. He walked into the living room with me in close pursuit.

"I'm not getting a fucking therapist!" He said loudly. That's as loud as he gets nowadays. He stays underneath yelling.

"I'm just trying to help you damn brat!" She yelled. He scoffed and headed up the staircase ignoring his parents. I sighed. If he gets into UA and makes friends maybe it'll get better? I could only hope.

2 weeks later

I watched in sadness and pure agony as Kacchan sat in front of my grave. There were flowers from my Mom and his family. He took a seat in front of my grave and sighed.

"I got into UA....I don't deserve it. I wish you could take my place, but since you can't... I'll make sure to train hard and be the best for you!" He said trying to sound happy. "I'll be your hero!" He said, his voice breaking at the end. I wanted to cry, he said the exact same thing when we were younger. He's keeping his promise.

Flashback to when they were younger

We were sitting on the swings while our Mom's talked on one of the park benches.

"When we become hero's, you can be my sidekick!" Kacchan exclaimed.

"You'll be even better than All Might!" I said happily. He smiled at me, which of course I returned. "But what if the villain's get me!?" I asked.

"I'll save you," he said confidently. " I'll be your hero!"

End of flashback

"I miss you Izu." He said snapping me out of my trance. He sighed as he leaned his forehead against the cool cement of my grave. He pushed himself up and walked away with tears streaming down his face. I let my feet touch the ground as my fingers traced the words on my grave.