Chapter 29

Bakugo's POV

I groaned as my heavy eyelids slid open. I was still in Toga's room but it was darker outside now. It was still raining. I was hungry and soft music was still playing. I sat up in the black spinny chair. I stood up and stretched my arms above my head. I turned around and walked over to the mirror.

Sitting atop my head was a delicate looking flower crown. The yellow petals of the sunflowers curved slightly. They circled my head and wrapped around. I decided to keep it on, I didn't want to hurt Toga's feelings. I rubbed my eyes. That was probably one of the best naps I've had in forever.

I walked over and opened the door. I walked out closing the door behind me while rubbing my eyes again. I walked down the hall blindly. I yawned making my eyes water slightly. I grunted when I ran straight into someone's back. I looked up after backing up to see handyman's blue hair. He turned around.

"Oh, hey kid." He said casually. I just stared at him blankly. I need more sleep. My body's on autopilot. And I want Dad. Or Papa. Or I'm just being clingy and want affection.

"Kid?" He said waving his gloves hand in front of my face. I blinked.

"Huh?" I said as I came back to my senses.

"Thought I lost you for a second." He said in his raspy voice though he sounded quite amused.

I don't know why I did it but my body made me move. In the blink of an eye I was snuggled into his shoulder. He stiffened, not expecting the surprise attack. He slowly raised his hand and rubbed my back. I heard the snap of a camera and looked up to see Toga with her phone out. She smiled nervously.

"What? It was too cute." She said running.

"Toga!" Shigaraki yelled running after her. I chuckled as they disappeared around the corner. I could hear them yelling. I stopped when I heard a phone ringing. I walked towards the sound and came back to the bar. Sitting on the counter was my phone. Papa must've gotten it.

I picked it up and answered the phone. Toga ran in with Shiggy trailing behind. They stopped when they saw me on the phone.

"Hey Kat!" Kami's voice said enthusiastically from the other side of the line. "Hey." I said my voice was slightly scratchy. Kurogiri slid me a class of water with ice cubes floating at the top. I nodded at him and picked it up and took a long drag. I sighed.

"So are you okay?" Kami asked his voice dipping slightly.

"Yeah Kami I'm fine." I said sitting on the barstool. My phone was ripped out of my hand. "Toga!" I said as she pranced out of my reach. She pressed a button and Kami's voice boomed from the phone.

"Kat? You okay? Hello!" He said.

"I'm here!" I called out. Toga set it down on the counter and smiled. I rolled my eyes. "Sorry Tog-. Are you alone?" I asked quickly. If he wasn't then I couldn't go around saying Toga's name. "Yeah, it's just me and Toshi. But we're in his dorm and I got him to take a nap." Kami said.

"I just woke up from one." I said running a hand through my hair, being careful of the bright flowers in my hair.

"Hi!" Toga said happily.

"Is that Toga? Hi!" He said happily. I sighed and stepped away from the counter.

"Toga will talk to you. I'm hungry." I said. Toga nodded quickly. She turned it off of speaker and she whispered giddily into the phone.

"There are different varieties of food in the fridge and cabinets if you would like to look there." Kurogiri said wiping out another glass. Does he just sit there and wipe out all the glasses over and over again? I walked over to the cabinets then decided on something else.