Chapter 37

Izuku's POV

We were crowded into a hospital room. We tried to space out as much as we could. When we arrived at the hospital to get Himiko checked over the doctors rushed to say she was fine without even looking at her, Kacchan in turn, had a fit. So did I, but we don't talk about that. They had given us a large room at the end of the hallway on the first floor. I had called Uraraka-San and she was on her way. Aizawa was still quiet and respectful, he was holding Kimoi as he glanced at Himiko.

She was laying in the hospital bed with Kacchan sitting next to her. She was still staring off into space as she fiddled her fingers. Kacchan wasn't any better. He was holding onto her and staring off, almost blankly, to anyone else who saw it. But I could feel it. His emotions were raw. Strong one second, dull the next. I sighed. The door slammed open interrupting the silence. Uraraka was at the door, tears tracked down her face and her lavender sweater was hanging off a shoulder.

Himiko seemed to, finally, come back into reality. She looked at Uraraka as relief filled me. Himiko began tearing up as she crashed back down to Earth. "O-Ochako." She choked. Uraraka-San ran over to the bed as Kacchan moved away. Uraraka-San and Himiko held each other in tears as Uraraka-San muttered apologies as if it were somehow her fault. I looked at Kacchan and he was already staring at me. My bottom lip trembled as I began tearing up again.

I opened my arms as a form of reassurance. He scrambled to my corner and hooked onto me. I ran my fingers though his hair as buried his head into my stomach as he curled up between my legs. I hushed him quietly as I rocked us. I tensed as I heard a familiar pair of feet coming down the hallway and I held Kacchan tighter. A bang on the locked door made Kacchan flinch harshly in my hold as I glared at the door. "Give me the villain!" All Might yelled angrily. I relaxed slightly as I heard another pair. "Get away from them damn it! Do you not understand what they just went through!?" I heard Endeavor yell.

I could hear shuffling from outside. Dabi glared at the door. "Why the fuck is he here." He growled as Hawks clutched his jacket. "Dabi." I said lowly. He looked at me, fury burning in his eyes, I released a breath. "He protected her." I stated. He blanched. "The old man...protected my baby girl?" He asked. I nodded. "Fought All Might off actually." I said as I rubbed Kacchan's back. He seemed to be deep in thought as he looked back at the door. His expression softened. "Thanks old man." He mumbled. I knew no one heard it but me and Hawks.

A knock on the door had everyone tensing up. "It's Mrs. Marcentale." Mrs. Marcentale said from the door. I waved my hand allowing the lock to turn. "Come in." I called out. She quickly came in and closed the door. She was clad in her white coat and her milk chocolate curls were wrapped into a bun. She turned and everyone stared at her. She pulled a clipboard out of an inside pocket. She walked closer to Himiko's bed. "Okay, she seems to be okay physically, she does have a couple minor scrapes and bruises but they'll heal up in no time." She said making everyone sigh in relief.

"But I can't do anything about her mental health..." She trailed off sadly, her light blue eyes teared up just looking at Himiko. "I've got a therapist ready." Aizawa said as he hugged Kimoi. "No. I'm not handing her over to y'all." Shiggy growled. "I have an offer." Aizawa said slowly. Shiggy and Dabi were on alert. "I can let you live normal lives, if you'll let me help you."

The room went silent. "Wha-...what do you mean?" Shiggy asked, I could hear the hopeful confusion."If you cooperate, I could help you live a normal life." Aizawa said carefully. "But...how can you do that? We've killed people, hurt innocent people. We hurt you're students!" Himiko cried out. "I know, but we shouldn't judge based on the past, I don't know your backstory's or intentions, I don't know your reasons, that's why. For all I know, heros in this society are corrupt, I know, but there are few of us." Aizawa said as he spoke genuinely.