Chapter 32

Bakugo's POV

I sighed as I finally decided to get out of bed. It was Saturday and I was to lazy to change from my black sweats and gray T-shirt. I slipped my shoes on and opened my door. My body felt lightweight. Like I wasn't on Earth. I walked out of the elevator once I was on ground level. I walked into the common room where most of the class sat.

"Hey Kat!" Kami said from the couch catching the other students attention. "Too lazy to get dressed?" Shinso asked playfully. I rolled my eyes as I began to feel better. "Ah...Bakugo? I wanted to ask if I could join for y'all's next hangout?" Ponytail asked looking down shyly. "Sure." I said as I headed to the kitchen. I could hear Kiri yell happily at having a female in the group.

I quickly pulled  2 fruit smoothies out of the freezer. Just what I needed. The sweet chunky liquid refreshed my mind. I made my way back to the commons and to the door. "Where you going Kat?" Sero asked as I opened the door. "Somewhere." I said lazily with a small grin and closed the door. I stood in the nice spring air.

It was now April 2nd. My birthday was coming up and I didn't want to celebrate. It's just another reminder of The Incident. It was warm but windy. I slurped on my pinkish smoothie and headed for the school. I had been doing this every day, about twice a day. No one knew where I was going. I entered the school.

I took off my shoes and placed them next to the door. Lazy. I slipped around the halls on my socks. I greeted a couple teachers who just chuckled at my ways. I was careful not to spill the other cup in my hand. I finally came across Recovery girls office. I knocked and heard a faint 'come in!'. I walked in.

Laying on the bed was Uraraka. I had been visiting her the past couple of days. It was weird. I was used to her throwing insults and slurs but ever since she woke up she's been kind. She remembers meeting everyone but nothing else from the year. "Thank you!" She said smiling as I handed her the other smoothie.

Ever since she woke up her eyes were softer, brighter. "Any new memories?" I asked her. This had become routine. I would come with a snack and she would tell me about anything new. She was going to be let out by the end of the week. She nodded as she let out a satisfied sigh after taking a sip of her drink.

"I'm starting to remember something's from the entrance exam. It's still a bit blurry. I still can't believe I got into UA and can't remember the whole first year!" She complained. I chuckled and sat down in the chair next to the bed. "Yeah, I can't believe he's been gone for a year and 3 months." I said. Shit. I wasn't supposed to say that. "What do you mean?" Uraraka asked as she lifted her head from her drink. "Nothing." I said quickly. He's been gone for 448 days to be exact. Because I was counting.

I actually did the math. Bakugo believes he's been dead for 448 days but he was dead for 434 days. I hate math.

She looked at me confused but let it go. "Oh! I heard that Aizawa wanted you in the teachers lounge!" She said suddenly. I nodded. "Okay. See you later." I said as my good mood dampened. "Bye Bakugo!" She said cheerfully as I grabbed my smoothie and walked out. I slurped on the half empty drink. I walked to the lounge and the teachers seemed to notice my now dampened mood as I walked into the lounge.

"Hey bud! I made cookies, want one?" Midnight asked grabbing my attention. I walked over and grabbed the, still warm, chocolate chip cookie. "Thanks." I mumbled. She nodded. I put the small treat in my mouth and was surprised at how absolutely amazing it was. It practically melted my mouth, the warmth spread through my body, once again, making me feel better. They were sorta like aunt Inko's.

"Those are the best cookies I've ever had. Gimme." I said as I stuck my hand out. Multiple of the teachers laughed as she handed over the tray. "Thanks." I said as I took the tray and walked over to Aizawa. He was asleep on the floor in his newer sleeping bag. I tapped it with my foot as I ate another cookie. It was sort of difficult since I had the tray and my smoothie but I managed.