Ch. 36 Virtual Battle

Hydra didn't expect you to be as afraid as him after mentioning the name Scourge, but that name chilled you to the bone.

(Yn): Wait, Scourge? I know that name. You say as you recalled your past.

Hydra: You do? He says as that was unexpected.

(Yn): Yeah. I thought you read my memories. How did you not see that? You ask with a confused look.

Hydra: I didn't have time to go through all your memories. I didn't exactly have all the time in the world. Plus, I wanted to respect you and not invade everything. He says with a neutral tone.

(Yn): Fair enough. You say with a neutral look.

Hydra: What happened? He asks as he was intrigued.

(Yn): Scourge is the one who sent Bella and the Captain to the underground. It was because of him that we found Commander Tartar. You explained with a serious tone.

Hydra: At least you found him before he could execute his plan. He says with a neutral tone.

(Yn): True, but still. At least now Tartar is destroyed. He won't bother us again. You say with a relieved sigh.

Hydra: How do you know? He says with a concerned tone.

(Yn): 'Cause Callie, Marie, and Rica all say that they say him explode into a pile of metal and ink. You explain with a neutral look.

Hydra: Sounds like he is destroyed. He says with a neutral tone.

(Yn): Yeah. Anything else you need to tell me? You ask as you listen carefully.

Hydra: Just be careful and watch out for your friends. If Scourge is nearby, then we need to watch our backs. He says with a serious tone.

(Yn): Don't worry, I'll keep an eye out. Should I tell the others about this? You ask with a neutral look.

Hydra: It'd be best not to start a panic in the city, so until we confirm what it is, keep this between us. He says with a serious tone.

(Yn): Alright, if you say so. You say as you start to leave Hydra alone.

Hydra: One more thing, (Yn). He says grabbing your attention.

You turn back around and look at his jewel through the glass.

Hydra: If it is Scourge, he wouldn't choose a host unless they were filled with revenge on someone, and if they are coming here, then they are most likely coming after the agency. So, tell me, are there any enemies of the Squidbeak Splatoon that you've battled? He asks with a serious tone.

You thought about it for a second before answering.

(Yn): The only enemies we've ever had are Octavio and Tartar, but they are both dead. You say with a neutral look.

Hydra: Then perhaps they are coming after someone else. He says with an unsure tone.

(Yn): Don't worry, Hydra. We'll figure this out. You say with a reassuring smile.

Hydra: I appreciate that, (Yn). He says with a grateful tone.

You smile at him one more time before you leave the museum and head back home. While you were walking home, you passed by Bella and her group of friends, who were hanging out eating at Crusty Seán's food truck. So, you decided to see how she was doing.

(Yn): Hey, Bella. You said as you walked up to her.

Bella turned her head and saw you. She swallowed her bite of food, then jumped up from her seat.