Ch. 1 Arrival

You had just arrived in Inkopolis and were looking around the city. You noticed that other people seemed to be going crazy for some reason.

You asked around and they kept saying that the Great Zapfish had been stolen from the Battle Tower. You were so confused, because you had never even heard of the Great Zapfish. 

You headed over to Sheldon's shop, and he gave you a Splatershot Jr. You were really excited about doing your first big Turf match, but as you were heading inside the tower, someone stopped you from going inside.

Judd: I'm afraid that Turf Wars have been closed down for the time being. Please come back another time. He says with a neutral look.

You were incredibly annoyed and sat down on a park bench at the back of the plaza with an annoyed look. People were passing by you while giving you a sad look. Two inkling girls walked up to you and sat down next to you. One of them was green colored with short hair and the other one was a pink colored with long hair.

Green Inkling: Are you okay? She asks with a concerned look.

(Yn): Yeah. I'm just upset that Turf Wars have been closed down. I just got here, and I was hoping for some fun. He says with an annoyed look.

Green Inkling: Don't worry. The matches will reopen eventually. She says with a comforting smile.

You smile back at her and feel a little better.

Pink Inkling: What's your name? She asks with a neutral look.

(Yn): I'm (Yn). He says with a neutral look.

The pink Inkling laughed a little at your name, which caused you to stand up and walk away. The green Inkling glared at her and punched her in the arm.

Pink Inkling: Ow! She said in pain.

Green Inkling: Not cool, Callie. She says with a serious look.

You walked over to the cat again and saw that he was sleeping, but you woke him up to ask him a question.

(Yn): If the Great Zapfish is actually the reason for matches being closed, when will it return? He asks with a neutral look.

Judd: Who knows. The Great Zapfish has never disappeared before. He said with a neutral look.

(Yn): You're acting like it's no big deal. He says with an annoyed look.

Judd: It's not my job to worry about the Zapfish. He says with a neutral look

He then falls asleep in front of you and you start to get angry at this whole situation. You looked up at the tower and started to worry about the power supply in the city.

You stood up against a railing and started to think of anything that you could do to get the Great Zapfish back, but you didn't know where to start.

(Yn): I feel so useless! He says with a depressed look.

???: So, you want to help with the power problem? He says with a neutral tone.

You look around in confusion until you look behind you and see an old Inkling poking his head out of a manhole cover. He had a long beard and a captain's hat on his head

(Yn): Who are you? He asked with a confused look.

???: If you want to know how to save the Great Zapfish and get the power back, follow me. He says with a neutral look before disappearing into the sewers.

Of course, you hesitated at first, but you also didn't have any other ideas. So you turned into your squid form and followed the old Inkling through the sewers.