Ch. 14 The Sanitized

You didn't know what had happened to you after Scourge knocked you out, but now you were starting to wake up from it.

You immediately noticed that you didn't recognize anything about this room. It was a giant circular room that seemed to be made of metal.

(Yn): Uhg. My head. What happened? He asks with a neutral look.

???: Nothing that rest can't fix. She says with a neutral look.

You look around and see that there was some sort of green Octoling sitting in a chair next to your bed, reading a book.

(Yn): Who are you? He asks with a serious look.

Jewel: My name is Jewel, and I'm the leader of the Octolings here. She says with a neutral look.

(Yn): Where am I? He asks with a serious look.

Jewel: You are in our secret hideout. Hidden far away, where no person can find you. She says with a neutral look.

(Yn): Why did you bring me here? He asks with a serious look.

Jewel: We rescued you. You were being carried by an Inkling that was not normal. You are lucky to be alive. She says as she continues to read.

(Yn): If you're an Octoling, then why did you save me? He asks with a confused look.

The Octoling named Jewel then set her book down and stood up from her chair.

Jewel: What? You think that just because I am an Octoling, then I am evil? She says with an insulted me.

(Yn): Well, no. I've just had a big history with Octolings. So, I just assumed-- He says with a neutral look.

Jewel then laughs a little and smiles.

Jewel: It's okay. No need to defend yourself. I understand your worry. But not all of us are evil. I am one of the few Octolings that didn't side with DJ Octavio when he decided to try and take back the land. She says with a neutral look.

(Yn): Really. He says with a surprised look.

Jewel: Yes. The ones here only want peace with your kind. They do not wish to harm the Inklings. She says with a calm smile.

(Yn): That's good to know. He says with a smile.

You then realize that Jewel has a very usual color of skin and her tentacle color is just as exotic. Even her eyes seemed different.

(Yn): Hey, I don't mean to get into anything personal, but I have to ask, what is wrong with your skin and eyes? He asks with a concerned look.

Jewel looks at the skin on her arm, but she doesn't seem too worried.

Jewel: Oh, yes. I didn't always look like this, but I turned into this after the sanitized invaded my home. She says with a depressed look.

(Yn): "The sanitized"? What are those? He asks with a confused look.

Jewel: You don't know? She asks with a surprised look.

(Yn): Know what? He asks with a neutral look.

Jewel then sits next to you on the bed and sighs before answering.

Jewel: Octovio isn't the only person trying to take over the world. She says with a serious look.

(Yn): Seriously? Who else is after our land? He asks with a serious look.

Jewel: We don't know who. All we know is that someone has been cloning Octarians and then turning them into basically what I am now, a Sanitized Octoling. She says with a depressed look.