Ch. 8 Not So Easy

You soon arrived back at Octo Valley with the final Zapfish from the area in your hands.

(Yn): Here you go, Captain. He says with a smile.

You handed the Zapfish over to the Captain.

Cap'n: Excellent work, Agent 3. But, where is your mask? He asks with a neutral look.

(Yn): Huh? Oh, yeah. He says with a look of realization.

You pull your mask out if your pocket and put it back on your face.

Cap'n: There you go. He says with a smile

We hear the grate to the boss open up.

Cap'n: Now go on. Whoever that boss is, take care of it. He says with a serious smile.

(Yn): What about the other agents? Where are they? He asks with a worried look.

Cap'n: They are waiting for you at the top of the area. He says with a smile.

(Yn): Thanks, Captain. He says with a smile.

You make your way up to the top of the area, where the boss's grate is located. Once you get there, Callie and Marie are waiting for you, just like the Captain said.

(Yn): Hey guys. How are you doing, Agent 1? He asks with a concerned look.

Callie: Could be better, but okay over all. She says with a smile.

(Yn): That's good. He says with a relieved look.

Callie: By the way, thank you for saving me. It really means a lot.

(Yn): There's no need to thank me. I would never leave a friend behind. He says with a caring smile.

Callie slightly blushes and tilts her head down. You noticed that she started to cry and Matie was comforting her.

(Yn): Was it something I said? He asks with a worried look.

Marie: Don't worry about her. She's just upset that she made a friend of ours run away. She says with a caring look.

(Yn): Oh. I'm sorry about that. He says with a sorry look.

Callie then stopsncrying and looks at you.

Callie: It's not your fault. You had nothing to do with it. She says with a neutral look

(Yn): I know. I just want to be able to help. He says with a caring look.

Callie: Just knowing that you care, helps me a lot. She says with a grateful smile.

(Yn): Good. Now, come on! Let's take care of this boss! He says with a determined smile.

All three of you then enter the grate that leads to the boss. Once you arrive, I notice that Callie and Marie were in awe at how large the area was.

You then realized that they had never seen a boss's sector before. You tug on Marie's shoulder to snap her back to reality.

However, Callie was walking around while looking at the scenery and didn't notice that she was heading straight for the edge.

You reacted quickly and grabbed her by the back of her hoodie to keep her from walking off the edge. But you didn't notice that when you grabbed her, her sunglasses fell off and over the edge instead.

You look over the edge to see if youcan see the bottom, but I you cannot.

(Yn): That was close. He says with a relieved look.