Ch. 23 Legend Of The Five Species

Bella had just gotten home from celebrating with her team. She had tried to go to sleep, but her brain would not calm down enough to let her. So instead, she got back up and started going through some of her old things. She ended up finding her old Octarian armour, the conductor hat from C.Q Cumber, and the Golden Toothpick.

Bella: I remember when I found this. It was when I freed all the sea creatures that were trapped underground. She says with a smile.

~ Flashback ~

Bella had returned to the underground with the Captain to free all the other creatures that couldn't complete the tests to get to the "promised land". But now that Tartar was gone, everyone could get to the surface with no problems whatsoever.

Bella guided most of them off the train and up through the hole on the roof she used to get to the surface. C.Q. Cumber was about to go as well, but before he did, he stayed to thank her.

C.Q. Cumber: Thank you, Bella. You have really helped all us sea creatures have a chance at a real life. He says with a grateful tone.

Bella: It was my pleasure. She says with a smile.

C.Q. Cumber: And to show my gratitude, I would like you to have this. He says with a grateful tone.

He then leaps onto Bella's shoulder and gives me key.

Bella: What's this? She asks with a curious look.

C.Q. Cumber: It's the key to those lockers over there. He says with a neutral look.

He points behind Bella, and she turns around to see all the lockers at the back of the station.

Bella: Those things? She asks with a neutral look.

C.Q. Cumber: Yep. I've never opened them because I never had the time, also because I could never reach them without getting tired. He says with a neutral look.

Bella: Why didn't you have someone help you get over there? She asks with a confused look.

C.Q. Cumber: If there is anything valuable in them, then they would want it for themselves. But I want you to have it instead. He says with a smile.

Bella: Oh. Okay. Thank you. She says with a smile.

C.Q. Cumber: No problem. I know it's not much, but it's all I have. Maybe I can give you a better gift in the future. He says with a smile.

Bella: Maybe, but you don't have to. Good luck on the surface. She says with a smile.

C.Q. Cumber: See you there. He says with a smile.

The captain then takes C.Q. Cumber up to the surface, while Bella takes one last look around the station.

Bella: Ah. The memories in here. It's too bad that they were mostly bad memories, but at least they weren't all bad. She says with a grin.

She then looks at the lockers and holds up the key.

Bella: Might as well check out what is in them. She says with a smile.

She then walks over to the lockers and started opening each one. They were all labeled by numbers from 1 to 10. 1 through 3 didn't have anything in them. 4 had a few drinks tickets to Crusty Sean's food truck. 5 through 7 had nothing at all. She skipped to 10, and it had a check worth 40,000 coins in it.

Bella: Holy crab! That's a lot of money! She says with a shocked look.

She then opened the rest of the lockers. None of them had anything in them except for number 8. It had a small ball with a toothpick through it. The whole thing appeared to be made of gold. There was also a note next to it. She picked both of them up and read the note.